Farish Poole 4F spares

Started by Wingman mothergoose, May 01, 2014, 02:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingman mothergoose

I've recently won a 'non runner' Farish Poole era 4F, it looks in mint condition and comes with the original box and the motor runs, but it looks and sounds like the teeth on the gear wheel on the middle driving wheels have all worn down/stripped, probably as a result of the loco being dismantled and reassembled incorrectly.
Does anybody happen to gave a spare or unwanted 4F middle driving wheelset with good gear wheel and intact coupling rods?

Chris

oscar

Wingman mothergoose

I've already contacted them, they haven't got the part listed on their website though, which is why I asked in here...

Chris

dodger

BRlines website only list a small percentage of the spares in stock. Give Bob a ring and see if he has one available. You probably only near a new gear wheel, not the complete assembly.

Dodger

Dr Al

Just replace the 25 tooth gear on the original wheels - it's a lot cheaper.

cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Wingman mothergoose

How does it come off? It seems pretty solid on the axle, and I'd not like to try and pull the driving wheels off the axle either if I can help it, will save the hassle just buying a new part for it. Plus Bob Russell has said that the motor bearings will also need replacing to prevent the gear wheel stripping it's teeth again in the future....

Chris

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations