A4 Pacific Class

Started by Geoff, April 23, 2014, 02:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Just a question about A4 Pacific class Locos:-

1 Do these Loco's go round a 10" radius OK.

2 I see the brackets in place for Coded Lamps, do these coded lamps come as extras with the Dapol A4?

Cheers and see some of you on Saturday.

Geoff

Newportnobby

Hi Geoff,

Quote from: Geoff on April 23, 2014, 02:49:28 PM
Just a question about A4 Pacific class Locos:-

1 Do these Loco's go round a 10" radius OK.

My own experience says 'no' but others have reported them going round 9" :confused1:

2 I see the brackets in place for Coded Lamps, do these coded lamps come as extras with the Dapol A4?

There were none in the extras pack with mine.

Cheers and see some of you on Saturday.

Look forward to seeing you :thumbsup:

Geoff

Just ordered Sir Nigel Gresley to go on my North Eastern railway, gone for the all ready chipped version lets hope it is a good runner.
Geoff

Malc

I got mine last week. It doesn't like my layout at all. I am about to change to a layout with more gentle curves. It also didn't like code 80 points. The rear engine wheels are difficult to get on the track. Having said all that, on my Kato test track, it ran like a dream.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Geoff

Quote from: Malc on May 09, 2014, 10:28:55 AM
I got mine last week. It doesn't like my layout at all. I am about to change to a layout with more gentle curves. It also didn't like code 80 points. The rear engine wheels are difficult to get on the track. Having said all that, on my Kato test track, it ran like a dream.

Thanks for your update Malc, well the curves on mine are 12 1/2" and 11 1/4", but it will have to travel over Number 4 points so will have to see how it goes.
Geoff

Malc

I'm just about to start my new layout using Kato track. It uses mainly #6 points, but I have 2 points that are #4, so I'll be interested in your findings.

Geoff

Well the new layout will be started over the weekend and it will be pretty well drawn out as I want to make it so it is automated which should not be to hard, hopefully I can get loco's running on the first half in about 5-6 weeks then I will have to get my big boots on to kick my lad out lol.
Geoff

Malc

I finished my baseboards yesterday, so I may be able to test next week. I'll let you know.

Geoff

Geoff

oreamnos

I have an A3.  I don't know if the A4 chassis is similar, but the A3 is happy running on Kato 8.5" radius.

Matt

portland-docks

well my A4 collection currently stands are-

Preserved-Sir Nigel Gresley in BR Express Blue (as she is now), Bittern (in BR Green, need to change the tender to corridor tender), Mallard in LNER Blue

Unpreserved:- Silverlink

all i want next is Union of South Africa to complete my preserved A4s.
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Malc

Is the Silver Link still available from the Dapol Members Club?

portland-docks

im not 100% sure, dont think it is, the downside is you look on ebay, its on sale for around £200+, considering i only paid £99? from the club!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Malc

I certainly won't pay that sort of price, but if it was available from the club, I would join. I remember watching the real think thunder past my house on the ECML in Darlington in the early 50's and have always wanted one.

Geoff

I have seen a Silver Fox in Trident Trains.

http://www.tridenttrains.co.uk
Geoff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations