Station Redevelopment Starts!

Started by port perran, January 15, 2014, 08:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

With the small surface mount LEDs you shouldn't need them to be oversized providing the post is brass (you want a brass post for a) strength and b) to use as one side of the power so you can just pass a fine wire up the middle.

A lot of the continental lamps are a bit chunky especially as some still use bulbs. I actually tend to use the Z scale ones in N as they are a bit more to my size taste.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Chris in Prague

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 31, 2014, 01:34:51 PM
With the small surface mount LEDs you shouldn't need them to be oversized providing the post is brass (you want a brass post for a) strength and b) to use as one side of the power so you can just pass a fine wire up the middle.

A lot of the continental lamps are a bit chunky especially as some still use bulbs. I actually tend to use the Z scale ones in N as they are a bit more to my size taste.

Thanks, Alan. Do you have any specific brands in mind?

port perran

At Port-Perran the new seawall (and scenic frontpiece) is now in place along with the new parcels exchange platform with a Siphon G parked alongside as a prarie and pannier approach with a broccoli special working :

Close up of the sea wall :

And the new station building with Mechanical Horse parked in the little bay. Funny how the close up photos show little imperfections such as the misaligned flagstones on the wall which needs to be corrected  and the lamp needs straightening a little :

And part of the new patform area :

And again showing the curvature :

And this shot shows a Class 22 heading through on a pw train as a dmu waits in te station :

An evening shot. Lights need toning down and I'll be adding an interior to the signal box :

An 08 passes the pw gang hut :

So....ballasting next and tidying up of rough edges then I need to add lineside features and rough foliage/undergrowth and all the platfor4m paraphenalia and the little people.
May take a couple of weeks to do that.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Chris in Prague

Already looking very good, Martin. Well worth the work.  :greatpicturessign:

Newportnobby

Super pics of a great layout, especially the evening shot which is just soooo atmospheric.
Excellent work :thumbsup:

Malc

Excellent work and as Mick said, the evening shot looks magnificent.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

port perran

So,,,,,I think I am getting there.
A few photos now that the ballasting is redone and the station has ben populated (so to speak) :
#
The Scammel Scarab is about to unload as the gentleman gets his Chocolate (perhaps some Toffettes - "remember them?") from the vending machine.

A general view of the station as light fades.

A class 22 passes through. I've made an attempt at a Cornish Palm (Dracaena)!!

An overhead shot

Station view - from the sea!

And....mysterious goings-on at the Cricket Ground. Seems to have shocked the guy who is poleaxed in the foreground (my mistake!).

Newportnobby

Excellent work and great pics but, Eek! What occurs at the Cricket Ground? :o
Are they duck billed platypususususes?

port perran

It's the seldom seen Beasts of Bodmin Moor (not!!). !

Caz

Very atmospheric PP, nicely portrayed, thought I'd gone to the seaside for the day.  And yes, I remember Toffettes, yummy.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Chris in Prague

Many thanks for the excellent photos, Martin. Excellent work. Very atmospheric and I really like the Cornish palms; I've been thinking of having a couple in large pots so that they can be moved indoors when winter comes to Cant Cove!

The little people really make a difference and I love the idea of a vending machine. I remember 'Toffetts', too!

port perran

The vending machine is from P&D Marsh.

Zakalwe

the rocks on the sea wall are very evocative of the coast ....excellent work :)
"I just think people overvalue argument because they like to hear themselves talk."

ASFC

I had just read your webpage and then stumbled upon this.

It is a very nice rebuild. Particularly like the plants and clutter on the platform-very Cornish!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £75.23
Below Goal: £24.77
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
April Donations