Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oreamnos

Quote from: Paddy on June 18, 2015, 11:02:07 PM
Quote from: oreamnos on June 18, 2015, 06:08:45 PM
Hatton's pre-owned listed today 5 Minitrix Gresley coaches in maroon for £18 each (£15 ex-VAT).  While I have a few Minitrix Mk 1s and think they are well made, I was unsure about the Gresleys.  So I turned to this forum as a resource and after reading this thread http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=22516.0, I snapped them up as fast as I could.

http://www.ehattons.com/stockdetail.aspx?SID=127975
and
http://www.ehattons.com/stockdetail.aspx?SID=127976

I'm looking forward to receiving them

Matt

Nice coaches Matt.  Those Minitrix teaks were years ahead of their time.  You got a good price too.

Kind regards

Paddy

Nope.  I guess I didn't snap them up fast enough.  Got an email from Hattons over the weekend that another customer had bought them just minutes before I did, before their inventory system had a chance to update the items to sold.  Easy come, easy go.  It's money back in my pocket.

Matt

paulprice

I hate it when things like that happen  :( I have resorted to attempting to paint some old farish coaches to represent teak. Now I have started doing this the market will be flooded with cheap teak coaches...... :worried:

daveg

Quote from: paulprice on June 22, 2015, 07:37:24 AM
I hate it when things like that happen  :( I have resorted to attempting to paint some old farish coaches to represent teak. Now I have started doing this the market will be flooded with cheap teak coaches...... :worried:

I want/need another 1st Teak but was daft enough to order just the one. Now they're nowhere to be found. :doh:

Dave G

paulprice

Quote from: daveg on June 22, 2015, 08:13:49 AM
Quote from: paulprice on June 22, 2015, 07:37:24 AM

I want/need another 1st Teak but was daft enough to order just the one. Now they're nowhere to be found. :doh:

Dave G

So its not just me who does things like that  :'(

mr bachmann

recent addition , good haulage too ,,,[smg id=26226 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 2317"][smg id=26228 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 2325"]

FeelixTC

Described as "New, never been used" £36 posted.
Feels like a bargain........

paulprice

I think I have got a bargain from Fleabay yesterday, but we shall see what the mail man brings on Friday, could be a total lemon. Still I have banned myself from Fleabay for a while.

austinbob

Just received Clan Line from ehattons.
Beautifully smooth and quiet straight out of the box.
I must say the latest Farish offerings do seem to be getting better than those I purchased 2 or 3 years ago.
Very nice model, but the Name plate seems a little bit 'clunky' - just a detail.

[smg id=26385 type=preview align=center caption="Clan Line"]

:D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

johnlambert

I liked the look of the NGS Stanier Inspection Saloon and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it is still available in BR Maroon, which seems just right for my layout.

MinZaPint

May I present "New Zealand Line" with a rake of Bullieds,

as Bob says smooth and quiet
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

talisman56

A certain SR loco arrived recently and this evening had an opportunity to get it run in and do a little passenger run on the test circuit...

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Hyperion

My first A4:

Very smooth low speed but does seem to have a little more noise than my Fariburn. Came DCC fitted and I don't think the seller realised until they took my first offer  :)

My first Dapol loco and fourth N scale steam overall.
DC or DCC, that is the question.

Newportnobby

Like yours, mine runs very smoothly but is also relatively noisy. I think the noise emanates mainly from the tender so maybe it echoes around :hmmm:

austinbob

Quote from: talisman56 on June 29, 2015, 12:16:45 AM
A certain SR loco arrived recently and this evening had an opportunity to get it run in and do a little passenger run on the test circuit...

How does yours run? I was really impressed with mine without even running it in. That's still something I'm looking forward to - with a pint in one hand and controller in th other... :D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations