Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

I have been talking to my wife about what I am going to do after I finish my HO layout, I promised her I would not destroy it and start another one like I usually do, she seems to think building another N Scale layout may be the way to go, I can fit it on a different level in the shed.

Got this lot plus 4 sets of Peco points, 2 locos and 8 freight wagons from my mates second hand train shop, the Lifelike E8 locos as usual are great runners, I got a pretty good deal from my mate at $150 or 80 GBP for the lot.

It will be nice to build another N Scale layout but I will finish my HO layout first

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Massimo

Hi... I've got my little darling...very beauty the tiny lever in the right side of the Q1...rivets and details. The BFB wheels are very nice! For me general look is very good!!!

[smg id=11331]

[smg id=11332]

[smg id=11333]

[smg id=11334]

[smg id=11335]

Massimo

portland-docks

Quote from: Massimo on March 30, 2014, 08:41:44 PM
Hi... I've got my little darling...very beauty the tiny lever in the right side of the Q1...rivets and details. The BFB wheels are very nice! For me general look is very good!!!

[smg id=11331]

[smg id=11332]

[smg id=11333]

[smg id=11334]

[smg id=11335]

Massimo

The number of locos i had got rid of and want them again is unreal, this is one of them! Had one, now i want it again!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Massimo

I'm sorry about you... is never not too late for correct our own errors!!!  ;) :D

Vigo

It was my intention to renumber this as 2862 but the way they've been playing recently I don't think I'll bother. This is actually my second one, the first having met with an unfortunate accident involving my wife and some over-vigourous dusting.

61652 Darlington - RIP :'(

Note: This particular kind of B17 does not fly very well.

Now I suppose I need to save up some pennies to buy some nice Teaks to go with it.
In Memoriam: https://hadfieldsite.wordpress.com/

Latest project: San Pablo - Rural Spain in miniature (HOe ish)

tutenkhamunsleeping

Paid my first visit to Ian Morton's 'Modelscape' emporium yesterday and came back with a bulging swag bag.  First up are 20 Farish 16 ton minerals (you can never have too many 16 ton minerals) and 6 Farish iron ore hoppers that I'd ordered to extend existing freight rakes.

Secondly a Farish Warship and 3 coaches, all second hand.

Last night I replaced the couplers on the hoppers with Dapol 'Nemcoup' short buckeyes, only to find the wagons were then fractionally further apart.  You can't win with couplings in N!

daveg

Now that's what is called a Capital Investment!

Dave G

Newportnobby

My £120 worth of booty arrived this morning courtesy of a friend who is shedding some stock (cheers Roger) :D

jivebunny

On the counter-top near to a box of cat food... risky location for such a lovely acquisition!

:D

JB

Newportnobby

Thankfully the mog was fast asleep so I got the pic taken pronto and then tucked them away :D

talisman56

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on April 01, 2014, 11:32:43 AM

Paid my first visit to Ian Morton's 'Modelscape' emporium yesterday and came back with a bulging swag bag.  First up are 20 Farish 16 ton minerals (you can never have too many 16 ton minerals) and 6 Farish iron ore hoppers that I'd ordered to extend existing freight rakes.

Secondly a Farish Warship and 3 coaches, all second hand.

Last night I replaced the couplers on the hoppers with Dapol 'Nemcoup' short buckeyes, only to find the wagons were then fractionally further apart.  You can't win with couplings in N!

20 16T minerals?  :goggleeyes: You'll have fun weathering and putting loads in that lot...

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

scottmitchell74

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Cooper

I've been without a camera for a while and have had to use the Tablet camera for the first time, so apologies for the imperfections. The next layout project has started with the easy bit: collecting the stock! Here are my latest acquisitions posed on the current layout. (I have to confess that the Class 20's were my lads Xmas present though!) The 37 and some parcel stock came from Wayne 56089 and some of the others came from Newport Nobby. Thanks!  :)

[smg id=11371]

[smg id=11372]

[smg id=11370]

[smg id=11369]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations