My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

That's good, Mike, 'cos I definitely want one of those!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

While I'm playing the waiting game here while they think up some new torture to bestow on me (just kidding, the staff and doctors are very good), I'm re-reading Bill Bryson's book "The Road to Little Dribbling".

For those of you familiar with it, on page 228 he has an amusing description of a British bus stop. ;D

Graham

hope you get  better soon George, must be loads to do on the layout which needs you back asap.
cheers
Graham

Bealman

Thanks, Graham. Much appreciated!  :beers:

Mito

Isn't that book about prostate problems? :smackedface: ::)
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bealman

Uh-oh Bealman's back at the bus stop!

Albeit with moonboot and crutches, but at least mobile....

weave

:claphappy: I've missed this post and I'm sure the aliens and the bus stop loons have missed you heaps too. Good to see you back.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

Ha ha, thanks!

The loons think twice when they see the crutches...

"They don't like it up 'em, Captain Mainwaring!"  :D

railsquid

What news of the shopping trolleys?

Bealman

Webbo

George, good to see you oot and aboot.

Bealman

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on August 10, 2019, 05:41:33 AM
Uh-oh Bealman's back at the bus stop!

Albeit with moonboot and crutches, but at least mobile....

You go careful crossing that road. Either that or call and ask them if they'll deliver your Big Mac to the other side of the road. I'm sure you can do it on their app.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Funny you should say that.... I was thinking about it the other night, until I saw what was on the menu....

Raspberry and custard pie? I don't think so  :sick2:

weave

Hi George,

I'm with you on the   :sick2:. Looks like you lot are the marketing guinea pigs of these for the rest of the World.....

https://www.taste.com.au/articles/maccas-launches-new-raspberry-custard-pies/7yw50oob

I like the last bit where it says that they're going to make the burgers 'hotter'. Hot would be nice, the ones here are always lukewarm, if that, and I also wish they wouldn't stamp on them before they give them to you  :D

I don't know why I go there but every so often I need a fix man.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations