The women in my life...

Started by railsquid, April 27, 2015, 04:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: MotherBy the way, why didn't I get the video of your trains?  I might just be a girl, but I always liked trains.  Remember where we used to live?  The boy who sat next to me at school used to be train mad too and was very jealous of me living there. AND I used to collect train numbers etc etc...
I also have always been fascinated by models of things, small things. So please send me pix too!

Quote from: Mother
Quote from: railsquidEspecially for you then, here's one of the locomotives you sent the
other week. Sold as a "non-runner", hah. It must be 30~35 years old.
Class 86, would have run on the West Coast Main Line.
I remember those but only after I went to college. Our line past Risborough, as you know, was never electrified.
Is your model meant to be jerky or is it just the video or the way you've 'driven' it?

Thanks for the video! I'm looking forward to seeing your trains when we come!

(note: the class 86 in question was "Made In Italy")

Quote from: SWMBO, somewhat paraphrasedAre you sure you can't fit those automated buses onto the layout?

(this is the SWMBO who managed to find one of my favourite 2nd hand chainstores here in Japan - while 8 months pregnant - and came out with some road vehicles as she was confused by the trains)

8) :claphappy:

Komata

Railsquid

Congratulations: Your SWMBO  is at least taking an interest (as mine does with me; and has done-so for almost 40 years).  Definitely an asset to be 'nurtured'.  The 'confused by the trains' thing is, I have discovered, 'situation normal' for most of the 'fairer sex' , but at least the interest is there.  Perhaps your lady could be 'introduced' to buildings  and/or scenery and b allowed to 'potter'?  Women are usually very good at such things (attention to detail and all that).
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

joe cassidy

I'm releived - when  I saw the title or this thread I thought it might be in the same vein as 'my first car/bike!
Best regards

Joe :-*

Paul B

The woman in my life does enjoy going round model railway shows with me - she loves to look closely at all the little details on layouts and keeps finding little ideas that she wants me to put in my layout (when I get round to starting it!)

At Weston-super-Mare show in February I found a loco that I just had to have (will post pics of it when I have finished doing some bits to it!) I was 'umm-ing and ahh-ing' over it while she was taking pics of layouts. When she found me deep in internal arguments, she asked what was wrong. I told her that the loco was ideal for what I was planning, but I couldn't really afford it. "Well put it on your credit card - that is what they are for; you can pay it back at the end of the month!"  :o

What could I say - I don't refer to her as SWMBO for nothing, especially when she says something like that! I got my credit card and bought the loco there and then! (Along with a coach and a couple of wagons...  :-[ )

One of the reasons that I feel the way I do about her!  :heart2:
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations