Where is Tonto when you need him?

Started by woodbury22uk, April 22, 2015, 04:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

I have this image of some electronic Tonto tracking packages through the postal system. Every so often he loses track and then finds a footprint in the sand which sets him off again to find a parcel.

I have a tracked parcel on the way from Russia. The Russian Post tracking system is bureaucratic to a fault and gives very comprehensive details of where the package has been. Generally Tonto has had a few hours off and then rapidly caught up with which office the parcel was in, especially when the Customs took a good look at it.

Then suddenly last week Tonto found the parcel at Heathrow Worldwide DC. Since then - nothing. Is Tonto on leave? Or are the UK Customs/Royal Mail less good at reporting where the package has gone?

Come on Tonto, give me a clue, please.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

scotsoft

Quote from: woodbury22uk on April 22, 2015, 04:43:09 PM

Then suddenly last week Tonto found the parcel at Heathrow Worldwide DC. Since then - nothing. Is Tonto on leave? Or are the UK Customs/Royal Mail less good and reporting where the package has gone?

If HM Customs and Excise have it then they are probably having numerous meetings to see how much they can get away with charging you extra to deliver it  :thumbsdown:

I have been stung this way may times  :veryangry:

cheers John.

Oldun

Quote from: scotsoft on April 22, 2015, 05:53:22 PM
Quote from: woodbury22uk on April 22, 2015, 04:43:09 PM

Then suddenly last week Tonto found the parcel at Heathrow Worldwide DC. Since then - nothing. Is Tonto on leave? Or are the UK Customs/Royal Mail less good and reporting where the package has gone?

If HM Customs and Excise have it then they are probably having numerous meetings to see how much they can get away with charging you extra to deliver it  :thumbsdown:

I have been stung this way may times  :veryangry:

cheers John.

Don't forget the Post Offices  :censored: £8 handling charge  >:(

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

woodbury22uk

Thanks for cheering me up with all this talk of extra charges. When bought the total including shipping was less than £18 at the then current exchange rate. Maybe the Customs are waiting for the exchange rate to push the total above eighteen quid.  :veryangry: if that happens.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

DELETED

I couldn't find "tonto" in tracking but remember regardless if you paid for something to get to the UK.  My experience is most post services explain EXACTLY  each and every move UNTIL it hits the UK. After which import duties, HMRC and clearance kicks in.  I get stuff sent from Japan in 48h then it his UK and I get a snotty letter:

• Charges for tax etc
    Charges for handling charge
    Charges for forwarding postage in the UK -never offered insured or equiv value
    Charge for the STAMP on the letter to me from RM advising the above

...maybe a week to 10 days later I get my goods AFTER RM clearances so usually 2 weeks+ of it hitting the UK.  Meanwhile I pay for full tracking here to go 400 miles, first update on tracking is "in progress through our network", this sticks for 3 days on a next day service.

Sprintex

Quote from: Oldun on April 22, 2015, 05:58:02 PM
Don't forget the Post Offices  :censored: £8 handling charge  >:(

Which in reality has nothing to do with the Post Office, they only collect it on behalf of HMRC as they are directed to do. The charge itself does not go into Post Office or Royal Mail coffers ;)

Paul

woodbury22uk

According to Tonto the parcel is still at Heathrow, but in fact it has arrived with me intact without any Customs or Royal Mail charges! Appears to have been opened and repacked.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations