Bachmann Press Information - British Railway Announcements - Summer 2024

Started by Tank, May 01, 2024, 10:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

We have just revealed our Summer 2024 British Railway Announcements via a YouTube video – you can watch it yourself here: 

SD35

crewearpley40

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Steven B

So apart from the new anchor mounted tanks, all we have to look forward to for the next three months are:

Two new collector club models - one of which has been done before (Mk1 brake in Pullman livery)
Two new woodland scenic buildings
New liveries on the class 350/450, BR brake van and TEA tanks

Disappointing.

Fingers crossed the Autumn announcement is more positive!

Steven B

Roy L S

Fairly predictable that this Quarter things would be quieter as far as N is concerned, if there are to be any further substantial announcements in N this year, it makes much more sense for that to happen at or on the runup to TINGS.

I will probably snaffle a couple of those anchor mounted tanks when I have decided on which liveries, but still having an LMS Twin on order from Farish to pay for and a fairly imminent Sonic Prairie too, means more time then for the modelling budget to recover for future purchases.

Roy

crewearpley40

njee20

More easily digestable list here (shamelessly taken from RMWeb)

Have been meaning to do a LNWR 350 for a while, and at £400 I'll keep thinking about doing one I've already got :D

eddief83

Quote from: Roy L S on May 01, 2024, 11:20:50 AMFairly predictable that this Quarter things would be quieter as far as N is concerned, if there are to be any further substantial announcements in N this year, it makes much more sense for that to happen at or on the runup to TINGS.

This is my hope/belief. Logic points to delivering N gauge stock a week or so before TINGs. Everyone will want the latest toy and lots of us will be there to buy the new models, so bring them in for that show.

Ensign Elliott

It not surprising that there's not a lot of new announcements for us this time considering what we've had recently. In just the past 6 months we've seen the new Twins, upgraded sound fitted 47s, Std 2s, Std 5s, a huge re-run of Mk1s plus the Black 5s. Add to that various wagon re-runs, the new SECR vans and anchor tanks announcement, not to mention any modern image items. Not bad in 6 months from one manufacturer who covers 00 as well.

We're still waiting for the BR Green 10000 plus the Sonic Large Prairies so plenty to keep us going till Autumn. I do hope to see a sound fitted 37 by the end of the year though.

eddief83

Quote from: Ensign Elliott on May 01, 2024, 12:25:31 PMIt not surprising that there's not a lot of new announcements for us this time considering what we've had recently. In just the past 6 months we've seen the new Twins, upgraded sound fitted 47s, Std 2s, Std 5s, a huge re-run of Mk1s plus the Black 5s. Add to that various wagon re-runs, the new SECR vans and anchor tanks announcement, not to mention any modern image items. Not bad in 6 months from one manufacturer who covers 00 as well.

We're still waiting for the BR Green 10000 plus the Sonic Large Prairies so plenty to keep us going till Autumn. I do hope to see a sound fitted 37 by the end of the year though.

Totally agreed, we have had a bumper crop in the last year or so, so its natural there will be announcements hat leave us deflated. The bright side is that its 3 months till the next then the month after its TING's so if Farish disappoint in August we have Dapol, Revolution, Rapido etc. to excite us a month later

Sound 37 has to be coming as its now 2 years since a 37 was released, this is probably the single largest diesel class not available in sound ready N gauge

Newportnobby

With over £1100 of pre orders still awaited, my wallet is glad nothing appeals from this announcement :sweat:

class8mikado

Love that Pullman brake model price tag on the original (80k) pre loved models has gotten silly, perhaps that bubble will now burst.
Having amassed a random collection of era 4/5 tank wagons think its time to read up on what i should have for eastern region early crest, clear out the excess  and maybe treat myself to an anchor tank or two.

Ch4lkst3r

Can anyone help with livery dates for the anchor mounted tanks?  My layout is transition era 60s so trying to work out which ones would fit. What I think I've found out so far!

The National Benzole logo changed in 1959 so these would have been painted before then but obviously would continue past that date in service as they didn't repaint overnight.

Gulf blue wagons were obtained by Gulf in 1960 so would be 1960 onwards

Shell/BP and ESSO fine for transition era.

Benzene and FINA not sure.  Any ideas?

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations