Farish Halls

Started by zwilnik, November 08, 2011, 01:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwilnik

I appear to have collected multiple Graham Farish GWR Hall Class locos since I started in N gauge from either eBay or private sales. Not entirely sure why, because I'm not really the collector type, but I do find them fairly easy to maintain and run, so I suspect I pick them up out of habit on the basis that even if it's completely unserviceable, a cheap one will supply spares for the others.

While I'm no Farish history buff, I've noticed that they have released a lot more Hall names than I originally thought. Some of the ones that pop up on ebay are probably re-liveried and named but I wondered if anyone knows which names Farish has actually released over the years. I've currently got

Raveningham Hall (x2, this appears to be the common one, the second's off to a friend's after it's repaired)
Packwood Hall
Rood Ashton Hall (under repair)

Burton Agnes Hall seems to pop up quite frequently, anyone know of any others?

zwilnik

Also, anyone know where to get the chassis bolts for most Farish stuff? BR Lines doesn't appear to list them as spares and there's a few size variations it seems over the years.

just emailed BR Lines as I noticed the about page mentions the online list only being a small selection of what they carry.

Also, just won a Burton Agnes Hall on eBay :)

Frank lax

The early Farish chassis used 8BA brass counter sunk screws.
It's worth a trycthat they are still 8BA, otherwise I guess the nearest metric equivelent.

Hope this helps

Regards

Frank Lax

zwilnik

Quote from: Frank lax on November 08, 2011, 04:01:25 PM
The early Farish chassis used 8BA brass counter sunk screws.
It's worth a trycthat they are still 8BA, otherwise I guess the nearest metric equivelent.

Hope this helps

Regards

Frank Lax

Thanks Frank, I can try swapping screws over between the old and new ones and see if they fit.

Frank lax

Have just tried a few, the old Poole models are 8BA, the newer Bachman are not, so Metric it must be.

Regards

Frank

zwilnik

Also looks like my Packwood Hall is a rename. So that at least reduces the confusion over just how many different names Farish released :)

Mustermark

I have Sketty Hall.  It is an original (not renamed).

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Newportnobby

Dunno whether you can find 'em but there were
372-000 Garth Hall BR Late Crest
372-001 Sketty Hall GWR Green

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Mustermark on November 08, 2011, 09:29:58 PM
I have Sketty Hall.  It is an original (not renamed).

Went to a friends wedding there.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

oscar

zwilnik

Screws and a tender pickup kit for Rood Ashton Hall ordered from BR Lines :) he also informed me that Raveningham Hall is one of the very early Poole models from the 70s and as both of mine have tender pickup already they've probably had the tenders replaced with newer ones by their previous owners. Result!

mrbird

Bachmann   372001   Sketty Hall   4970
Bachmann   372000   Garth Hall                     5955
Graham Farish   1404   Ravingham Hall   6960
Graham Farish   1405   Mere Hall (black)   7915
Graham Farish   140a   Baggrave Hall ltd edition   6994
Graham Farish   1404   Burton Agnes Hall   6998

Bachmann  372002 Rood Ashton Hall  4965

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67