displaying models

Started by matt-b, July 17, 2011, 11:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

how do people display there models when there not in use?
on a little piece of track?
be interested to see what people use, just to see.... have alittle idea  :)

:NGaugeForum:

poliss

I would display mine in a cabinet but I'm married. :-(

longbridge

I keep all my locos and stock in a cabinet in the original boxes with locos standing vertical.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Sorry. All mine are stuffed into the side of a wardrobe.
Yes - I'm single so have wardrobe space! Now y'all need that envy button, eh?

upnick

I combine both    some   locos are in their original boxes   on  the wardrobe top    shelf &    others especially my   FLM / U.S. HO   locos are in   a display cabinet  ..................    yes i  am  single  as well    :)

Found an emoticon for envy    .......... 

Tank

Mine are stored out of their boxes, but in the sponge trays that you see for sale on eBay/Exhibitions/Model Shops.  Then I put those into crates.  It used to be very organised with loco's in one box, carriages in another, and goods wagons in the third - but is now a complete mess!

tadpole

Mine are displayed in my study in wall cabinets about a metre wide. I have attached (and ballasted!) double track to 1m long lengths of balsa wood. Each shelf can hold a loco + 4 coaches. I have one for trains and three for EFE buses.

I'm also thinking of making a little depot diorama for displaying locos, and wondering if I could make this a portable "module" which could go up to the attic as and when I feel like it, to be attached to a headshunt on my main layout. In real life Pirmasens couldn't justify a depot, but I do seem to have locos lurking in the sidings most the time, and it would be nice if they could have a proper home in which to lurk.
Two rails good. Three better.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations