what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young Bulla

Manx radio's mountain memories, re-runs of classic race commentaries.
1992 senior race 11.00am tomorrow (sunday), Hislop vs Foggy if anyone interested.
https://www.manxradio.com/on-air/manx-features-pages/manx-radio-mountain-memories/

BRMan

'Farm on the freeway' from the mighty Jethro Tull's Crest of a Knave album (Tull meets Dire Straits)

If you like a bit of flute .....

Newportnobby

Something I've not listened to in years for some reason.................

Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells'

BRMan

Great choice, I will dust off my copy later today and give it a whirl...

I am listening to 'I can see your house from here' by Camel ...not their best but still a great listen ...uplifting to my ears

Newportnobby

Camel, to my mind, were always a very under rated band. I've 4 or so of their albums and really like them all.
Something a bit more obscure........

BRMan

Thanks for those links to Charlie, a band I've never heard of.  These are two great tracks, really melodic and to me uplifting...:)

Malc

Listening to my 60s collections this morning.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

"No Parlez" by Paul Young.... bought it in 1983 when I was stationed at RAF Church Fenton in Yorkshire; a young lad doing his weekly laundry and singing at the top of his voice.  ;)

Philip.

First new music from Doves for 11 years

Airfix 27 RA

Gong, the album Zero to Infinity.
My favorite band.
Old Hippies never die, we just float away.
Have a cup of tea.

BRMan

Gong, what a band ....I'm a great fan of Steve Hillage, all his early, non dance stuff, especially Green

Airfix 27 RA

Quote from: BRMan on June 20, 2020, 12:52:05 PM
Gong, what a band ....I'm a great fan of Steve Hillage, all his early, non dance stuff, especially Green

Yep, could not agree more, he is actually due to play in Hull in Oct at the Welly club, not sure if it will
go ahead.  Same for Gong, they are due to play in York in Nov, I have got a ticket, but not sure if that
is going to happen, hope so.
Old Hippies never die, we just float away.
Have a cup of tea.

BRMan

Wow, yes, It's All Too Much when he did it live was awesome, his voice perfect, the drums perfect and the guitar perfect ... love it!

What about the other Beatles cover he did?

https://youtu.be/OQJZJaOD2wg

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations