To ask a very silly question .......

Started by D1042 Western Princess, June 04, 2015, 02:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: weave on June 04, 2015, 09:13:53 PM
Good question,

Basinga's quote; 'I'd say, it becomes a real railway when it is able to provide a service (getting passengers/freight from A to B).

So if I have an N gauge garden layout, Marion at the far end needs compost and I can load 16 ton mineral wagons with it and send them to her by train, we have a 'real railway' in so far as it's delivering much needed freight in real life! :hmmm:
Knowing how much she loves her gardening I'd probably be served with  :veryangry: :censored: too!
OK, an extreme example, but maybe we need a better definition?
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Vonk

A quick google of "railway definition" brings up many meanings one being a track composed of parallel metal rails for transport of passengers or goods in trains but one that stands out for me is - the entire equipment, rolling stock, buildings, property, and system of tracks used in such a transport system.

Now as has been mentioned it could be used to transport compost/shot glasses etc. I have seen a video on youtube of an enthusiast that has used an N Gauge train to transport sweets around their office from desk to desk. Is this a model or a railway?

(watch with caution as it drags on a bit plus he is a very enthusiastic OO modeller so new to N Gauge but have fun watching)
! No longer available
My layout thread - Blackstone

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations