Captain (now Colonel hon) Tom Moores !00th Birthday

Started by Mr Sprue, April 30, 2020, 09:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

What a milestone to achieve for your 100th.

Raised almost 30 million for the NHS. A number one record with Michael Ball. Been made a member of the England cricket team. Promoted to Colonel(hon) and extra special national news coverage from the BBC with an awesome flypast by a Hurricane and a Spit 

An awesome birthday celebration for an amazing guy who has uplifted everyone's spirit around the globe. This morning it made me feel proud to be British.

Happy Birthday Captain Tom :beers:

chrism

Quote from: Mr Sprue on April 30, 2020, 09:21:24 AM

Raised almost 30 million for the NHS. A number one record with Michael Ball. Been made a member of the England cricket team. Promoted to Colonel(hon) and extra special national news coverage from the BBC with an awesome flypast by a Hurricane and a Spit 

And a special postmark, a specially painted post box and two trains being named after him.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: chrism on April 30, 2020, 09:26:24 AM
Quote from: Mr Sprue on April 30, 2020, 09:21:24 AM

And a special postmark, a specially painted post box and two trains being named after him.

I'll wager the list will grow!  ;)

njee20

Gizzy

Gizzy

Gentleman, scholar, railway modeller....

Mr Sprue

Quote from: njee20 on April 30, 2020, 09:41:15 AM
One train down already...

I guess its the thought that counts, as Tom lives in Bedford one of these might have been more appropriate! ;)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

njee20

As has been suggested I'd definitely buy a model of that if it were going

gavin_t

Happy Birthday Colonel Tom!

Nice to have some positive news in this current climate

Top effort to all involved with the fly past and Loco naming too  :heart2:

javlinfaw7

crewearpley40

Plus colonel Tom has been invited by the ecb one day to provide an uplift and visit the england test cricket team

Hailstone

Quote from: njee20 on April 30, 2020, 01:21:19 PM
As has been suggested I'd definitely buy a model of that if it were going

Me too, I wonder if @acko22 could be persuaded to take this on given his previous experience?

Regards,

Alex

njee20

Gareth is now a Freightliner employee, so I'm not sure he'd be the best person to be tapping GBRF up! I can see Dapol taking it on. Hornby are doing the OO gauge one, so can't see that Bachmann will.

If Dapol do it I just hope they fix the colours of their Europorte livery, their model of "Lesia" is a total disaster.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations