Electra's DMU Madness

Started by Adam1701D, July 17, 2011, 06:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

I've been having fun with Class 170 conversions over the last few days and have the following to show:

From left to right, there's the Class 166, which uses N-Train cast ends, the London Overground Class 172/0 and the London Midland Class 172/2 which has a re-profiled nose with end gangway fitted.

The LM 172 conversion is actually quite fun - you cut an inverse V behind the cab front and swing it back until the right pitch is reached. The gangway is simply laminated vinyl.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Tank

Good work Adam.  :thumbsup:

I can't wait for the 465 - although funds are non existant for the donor vehicles at the moment. :-\  What would I need?

Adam1701D

You'll need 4x Mk2 coach as the basis for the Networker EMUs. It's still early days with this one, as Bob will be doing a new front end. The 165 end for the Turbostar conversion is a bit too narrow for the 465.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Mustermark

Great job Adam. Your 166 is superb. And I'm wishing I had a use for the 172/2 as that looks good too. I am hoping to get my second FGW 166 finished soon and then I'll post pics of the 6-car unit running.
Mark

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

NTrain

Adam has just let me have a scrap Mk 2 body to hack about, with  my 465 end...........................

Will report back when I get a bit of time to try it out.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations