Google +

Started by lionwing, November 21, 2012, 08:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionwing

Small point and not a hugely important one but I have added my Google+ account to my profile.

When my profile links display on the left of the forum next to a post the Google+ icon does not show...just some odd blank graphic?

Is this something I have done wrong?
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

scotsoft

Where it has this in your profile: Enter the numbers for your google plus page http://plus.google.com/<enter this

I am guessing the numbers you enter would be the link to your google plus page, have you uploaded a picture to that page?

I don't have a google plus page so don't really know.

John.

lionwing

Quote from: scotsoft on November 21, 2012, 09:04:05 PM
Where it has this in your profile: Enter the numbers for your google plus page http://plus.google.com/<enter this

I am guessing the numbers you enter would be the link to your google plus page, have you uploaded a picture to that page?

I don't have a google plus page so don't really know.

John.

I've entered the numbers as they appear on my Google+ page.

I do have a Google+ photo as part of my profile.

My guess is a smaller version of this should be shown...

Its no big deal...just me being neat n tidy!

:D

scotsoft

I will ask our tech support about this and when I get a reply I will let you know  :thumbsup:

cheers John

scotsoft

There is an icon showing now and I have been informed this has now been fixed  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

lionwing

John

Great...many thanks!

Caz

Your Google+ icon is working now, perhaps it takes a time to update the system  :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

EtchedPixels

Its not quite working - it seems to have a <2487298478> in it but the < > shouldn't be included !
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

scotsoft

When I click on the icon I only get a sign up screen so I cannot check it out.

cheers John.

EtchedPixels

Poking around a bit more it seems the < > are because someone typed them in when they were not needed. however the other reason it breaks is it goes to

www.plus.google.com/....  not plus.google.com/...

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

scotsoft

EtchedPixels

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations