Feedback Required - NGF Classifieds

Started by guest2, March 11, 2013, 05:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hello everyone,

Now that the Classifieds section has been running for some months now we'd like to hear some feedback from you all about it.  If you can think of any improvements that would help you to use it more then please let us know, or let us know the reasons as to why eBay might be your first choice.

Thank you,
Tank.

kaiwhara

Ebay is rather troublesome to begin with, and trading Internationally is a little hit and miss. Ive only used the classifieds once to purchase a DMU, and I thought it was great!
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

bluedepot

i have sold a few things on here and had no problems at all

tim

MJKERR

I have sold two out of three items, and returned to eBay UK

The main issue was actually starting the items, and they had to be reset by the admin team
The images were uploaded, nothing appeared, and so the items failed to start

The next issue is the lack of interest, due to the limited audience
I had no method to monitor the items performance (watch, viewed)
Although the two items did sell and did save me on eBay UK selling fees, overall the income was about the same as I discounted them here and other items sold for much higher amounts on eBay UK

The final issue is the requirement to upload photos
I had a batch of items, there was no method to add a number of items with identical photos
Uploading 10 identical photos would have been wasteful
Equally, there was no option to add a quantity greater than 1
If there had been, then I could have added rakes of coaches and wagons, all with one photo for each

daveg

I think it's a great service for forum users trading with enthusiasts rather than those that are just out to make a profit.

I've bought a couple of items via the forum and find it easy to view and use/contact the seller.

Can't comment on the views expressed by mjk as never tried to sell here. I would think though that it would be a good move to try the forum first before placing an ad on ebay and having to pay their fees.

Dave G

guest311

personally I preferred the old system, don't really bother with the new one.

just my view

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations