Donations!

Started by Papyrus, January 12, 2019, 04:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

I made a donation this month using the 'Make A Donation' button - never again!  :no:

(I'll go direct next time  :))
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Tank

Quote from: Papyrus on December 18, 2021, 05:01:05 PM
I've just noticed that the donations target has been quietly increased again this month...

Thanks very much Chris. :thumbsup:  Yes, I had to put it up because of the recent upgrades.  Subsequent months help pay it off as well.

I really appreciate the donations that members give to the forum.  I know that other forums I belong to (not railway related) really struggle for funds, and it is hard to ask for it, so thank you very much for your help with this.

Quote from: Trainfish on December 19, 2021, 01:13:30 AM
Don't use the button. Go to the Paypal page and send money to Contact@NGaugeForum.co.uk, then select Friends and Family. This will mean that some of the money isn't taken by Paypal as fees.

Yes, you're completely right about doing it that way.  It does add on that extra that Paypal would otherwise take, so a great point, thanks for saying that.

Papyrus

Attention, you 'orrible lot!

We are halfway through December, and this month's donations are woefully short of the target. We all know times is 'ard, but @Tank needs to buy his Christmas turkey!*

So, please put whatever you can afford in the coffers to ensure this wonderful forum goes from strength to strength.

Cheers,

Chris

*This is a joke...  :D

Roy L S

Can't have Tank missing out on his turkey - contribution duly made.

stevewalker

I was waiting for payday (23rd), but go on then, I'll do it early.

Tank

Many thanks everyone.  I always appreciate those that are willing, and able, to give to the forum.   :thumbsup: 

We can't afford a turkey this year, but the cat better watch out near Christmas Eve....!   ;) ;D

Papyrus

@Tank

:sorrysign:

Please forgive my clumsy attempt at humour. Mrs P frequently tells me I don't think...

I hope you have a good Christmas anyway.

Cheers,

Chris

PLD

Quote from: Roy L S on December 17, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Can't have Tank missing out on his turkey - contribution duly made.
you want turkeys? Have you looked in the groaners thread? It's full of them...  ;)

Graham

Quote from: Tank on December 20, 2021, 09:56:48 AM
Quote from: Papyrus on December 18, 2021, 05:01:05 PM
I've just noticed that the donations target has been quietly increased again this month...

Thanks very much Chris. :thumbsup:  Yes, I had to put it up because of the recent upgrades.  Subsequent months help pay it off as well.

I really appreciate the donations that members give to the forum.  I know that other forums I belong to (not railway related) really struggle for funds, and it is hard to ask for it, so thank you very much for your help with this.

Quote from: Trainfish on December 19, 2021, 01:13:30 AM
Don't use the button. Go to the Paypal page and send money to Contact@NGaugeForum.co.uk, then select Friends and Family. This will mean that some of the money isn't taken by Paypal as fees.

Yes, you're completely right about doing it that way.  It does add on that extra that Paypal would otherwise take, so a great point, thanks for saying that.
As I have never paid anything by PayPal, any chance of some instructions on this?
cheers

Roy L S

It was a timely reminder and I for one will try to remember to chip in more frequently going forward.

Roy

Train Waiting

Quote from: Tank on December 17, 2022, 07:53:09 PM

[...] the cat better watch out near Christmas Eve....!   ;) ;D

Thank you for the timely warning.  Poppy is already on high alert, scanning southwards for any sign of someone with a particular penchant for red, white and blue trains (and not those of the fabulous Furness Railway!) attempting to cross the Tweed.

Poppy has a cunning defensive plan should a model railway-minded cat catcher get into the house.  She will go behind the Table-Top Railway.  The all round coarse modelling and SuperSilliness of the train set will cause any serious model railway enthusiast to beat an immediate ignominious retreat.

Will all best wishes and special thanks to @Papyrus for raising this important matter regarding our FantasticForum.

Toodle-pip

John and Poppy

Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

dannyboy

Quote from: Graham on December 17, 2022, 11:31:10 PM

As I have never paid anything by PayPal, any chance of some instructions on this?

I forget exactly how to do it, but you can pay someone without actually being a member of PayPal. I believe all you need is a Credit or Debit Card. It will probably tell you how to do it on the PayPal site. If you get stuck, let us know and someone will be able to talk you through it.  :thumbsup:
David.

Tank

Quote from: dannyboy on December 18, 2022, 11:18:10 AM
Quote from: Graham on December 17, 2022, 11:31:10 PM

I forget exactly how to do it, but you can pay someone without actually being a member of PayPal. I believe all you need is a Credit or Debit Card. It will probably tell you how to do it on the PayPal site. If you get stuck, let us know and someone will be able to talk you through it.  :thumbsup:

Yes, just click the link, and when on the Paypal page, click "Pay by Debit or Credit Card".  So no need to log in.  Many thank in advance.  :)

dannyboy

One thing to remember with PayPal donations - if you send it as a payment for goods, the forum, (i.e. Tank), pays the fees, if you send it as a 'Friends and Family' payment, you pay the fees.  As an example, I have just donated £5.00p, so, after conversion, that cost me €5.99 - not a problem. However, PayPal then add on the fee to my bill, so my initial £5.00p, (€5.99c), becomes €7.98c!.  So you have to ask yourself if the forum or yourself pays the fee. Still, it is a fantastic forum, with plenty of knowledgeable and talented members. I know a lot of n gauge knowledge I now have is as a direct result of the forum members, so well worth a fiver/tenner every now and then.  :thumbsup: :beers:
David.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations