The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1racleman

I reckon you ought to change to POST OFFICE matey. I was with BT and it was hopeless, just like the call centre.
Post Office has UK call centres and is loads cheaper - £25 for phone and unlimited broadband, inclusive of line rental.
You know it makes sense even with any contract penalty that BT charges for it's horrific service.

Tank

Oh no!  We've had trouble with our BT line ever since we moved here.  We were told that we might not be able to get Broadband here, but managed to get a ropey connection.  They added a new box opposite ours a couple of weeks ago, and our speed has increased to 2.5mbps according to some of the online speedcheckers.  We still have trouble getting out WiFi to work in the house. ::)

Bikeracer

I finally managed to get in touch with Virgin with the intention of changing to BT but decided to stop with Virgin for now.

I told the man that I was thinking of changing because BT was cheaper,he then informed me that I could keep my existing package for £7.00 a month less,when I asked why they couldn't do that automatically he said because it required a new contract....Huh.
Funny,it doesn't need a new contract to put my charges up though it seems.

So my Broadband and phone use has gone down from £34.00 to £27.00 per month.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

m1racleman

Quote from: Bikeracer on August 05, 2011, 09:53:24 AM
I finally managed to get in touch with Virgin with the intention of changing to BT but decided to stop with Virgin for now.

they couldn't do that automatically he said because it required a new contract....Huh.
Funny,it doesn't need a new contract to put my charges up though it seems.

So my Broadband and phone use has gone down from £34.00 to £27.00 per month.

Allan
Amazing how that works isn't it?
I wish I had the fionances to challenge those contracts because I am sure they are unenforcable in law. I don't see how a contract can allow them to make changes but not you, I believe the term is  ONEROUS in thast it gives them all the rights and the customer has none. Not even the right to complain in BT's case !!

Newportnobby

Quote from: m1racleman on August 05, 2011, 08:46:41 AM
I reckon you ought to change to POST OFFICE matey. I was with BT and it was hopeless, just like the call centre.
Post Office has UK call centres and is loads cheaper - £25 for phone and unlimited broadband, inclusive of line rental.
You know it makes sense even with any contract penalty that BT charges for it's horrific service.

Many thanks for this - I'll be investigating this straight away :thumbsup:

Lawrence

We got a deal with Orange, free UK local & national calls 24/7 (redial after 1 hour), unlimited (up to) 8Gb broadband, line rental and a free second line that plugs in to the router which gives us up to 1000 minutes of free calls to 40 international destinations, handy as we have friends and family in Spain, Oz and the US and I can phone US based shops for nowt  ;D

Now that came in at £32 a month but then I took out an orange mobile contract, so we got £6 a month off our home package and, here is one worth checking, I got a 10% discount on my mobile contract because the company I work for is on Oranges' list of preferd corporate users, and if you can prove it (via a payslip) you get your 10%  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: newportnobby on August 05, 2011, 10:15:06 AM
Quote from: m1racleman on August 05, 2011, 08:46:41 AM

Many thanks for this - I'll be investigating this straight away :thumbsup:

Just checked the blurb on the Post Office deal - £26.05 per month all in BUT
download speed in my area is just 1 MBps.
Maybe if I download an album from iTunes I'll just leave it ticking overnight!

Tank

You'll still need to pay £10 a month for a BT phone line won't you? ???

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on August 05, 2011, 11:07:59 AM
You'll still need to pay £10 a month for a BT phone line won't you? ???

Evidently not - this is inclusive of landline :) :)

Tank

OK, that's good then.  Sometimes that can be a hidden charge.

poliss

I always wonder how these companies get away with their 'unlimited download' claim when they also have a 'fair use policy' which limits your downloads. The Post Office says they have 'fast download speeds', but it's only 8mbps. Reminds me of when 14.4kbs modems were advertised as 'fast' when 56kbs were already out.

Newportnobby

Quote from: poliss on August 05, 2011, 01:37:07 PM
Reminds me of when 14.4kbs modems were advertised as 'fast' when 56kbs were already out.

When I started work there weren't any calculators - I had to use a comptometer. We didn't have a fax - we had to use a telex machine.
Mind you, I was glad when I stopped having to paint myself with woad and having to drag my girlfriend round by the hair :)

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on August 05, 2011, 02:13:33 PM
Quote from: poliss on August 05, 2011, 01:37:07 PM
Reminds me of when 14.4kbs modems were advertised as 'fast' when 56kbs were already out.

Mind you, I was glad when I stopped having to paint myself with woad and having to drag my girlfriend round by the hair :)

.... and from this experience came the well known phrase - "Oh! Woad is me!"  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

poliss

Talking about calculators, I found an original Sinclair calculator down the back of a sofa.  ;D

tadpole

Sorry, but this thread is NOT ANGRY ENOUGH!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

It should be re-named the occasionally mildly irritated thread.
Two rails good. Three better.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations