Yorkshire Day

Started by dannyboy, August 01, 2020, 05:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

To all my fellow Yorkshiremen - 'Happy Yorkshire Day'

If you are not from Yorkshire - it's just not your day is it?  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Papyrus

Why isn't it on a Sunday when you can celebrate with roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?

Sithee then,

Chris

guest311

off topic, but I remember when I were a lad, gran used to give us Yorkshire batter pudding for desert, with golden syrup  :thumbsup:
:food:

dannyboy

Quote from: Papyrus on August 01, 2020, 08:14:23 PM
Why isn't it on a Sunday when you can celebrate with roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?

Only 12 months and you will be able to do that Chris.  :thumbsup: :food: :thumbsup:

Quote from: class37025 on August 01, 2020, 08:39:29 PM
off topic, but I remember when I were a lad, gran used to give us Yorkshire batter pudding for desert, with golden syrup

I could never eat Yorkshire batter pudding with anything sweet  :sick:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Going off on a tangerine, I used to make a mean toad in the hole when I had a gas oven. Sadly electric cookers just don't do the same job :(
Like Alan, I kept some batter back to make a small Yorkshire to have as dessert with some Tate & Lyle* golden syrup.

*Other golden syrups are available but are not as good :no:

themadhippy

Quotewhen I had a gas oven. Sadly electric cookers just don't do the same job
funnily enough my mum said the same when she switched to a gas cooker from electric
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Yet_Another

Blimey! Who knew so many people had a chip on their shoulder?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_county_days_in_the_United_Kingdom

However, none are worth celebrating as much as International Talk Like A Pirate Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day

(Ooh, satire! That's not banned yet, is it?)
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Ali Smith

But I can't speak Somali

Yet_Another

Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Jon898

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 01, 2020, 10:01:05 PM
Going off on a tangerine, I used to make a mean toad in the hole when I had a gas oven. Sadly electric cookers just don't do the same job :(

It's possible the lack of humidity in an electric oven is the problem (gas products of combustion include moisture)...try including a small baking tin with some water in it to create a more moist microclimate?

Jon

weave

Hi Yorkshire folk,

Hope you all had a good day yesterday. Me late mother was born in Bradford and lived in Burley in Wharfedale until she came down South at about 18 to find work so I have a sort of connection.

She spoke in a Southern accent as I think you had to in those days to get a job and it stuck. She never really swore but I remember if she ever dropped a pan say, 'Oh b#gger it!' in a strong Yorkshire accent would echo from the kitchen.

Speaking of kitchens, she made the best Yorkshires ever and more for pudding with syrup  :thumbsup:.

Went a lot as a kid but haven't been back for ages. Lovely people and lovely scenery.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations