Forum Upgrade

Started by Tank, December 12, 2021, 09:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hello all,

Over the next few days there will be periods where the forum won't be available.  This is due to an upgrade to the main forum, and then some upgrades to other parts of the forum:  Gallery, N'porium etc.

The engineer is currently performing a Back Up of the forum, and then will start the process.

Thanks for your patience in the coming days.

Tank.

port perran

Thanks for the heads up Chris.
Let's hope it all goes to plan.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Tank

Hopefully it goes smoothly.  I have my headache tablets at the ready!   ;D

crewearpley40

Appreciate you letting us know. I guess there are times we are busy placing our thoughts, projects, layouts, ideas  some at peak times  , some hours quieter. Maybe please can a banner be added notifying us all with a 30 / 60 minute warning so we can expect no service ? As so to speak.

Tank

I know that would be a perfect idea about a warning, but I'm at the mercy of the engineer who will just do what they can when they can.  Hopefully they may put a warning up.  :)

crewearpley40

For sure. Thank you for all your hard work....   just a thought

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: crewearpley40 on December 12, 2021, 09:25:42 PM
Appreciate you letting us know. I guess there are times we are busy placing our thoughts, projects, layouts, ideas  some at peak times  , some hours quieter. Maybe please can a banner be added notifying us all with a 30 / 60 minute warning so we can expect no service ? As so to speak.

Best practice in such a case is to write the text in notepad and then just copy/paste, add the needed pics, formatting and emojis and submit. That way the important text does not get lost.
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

NGFTech

Hi all. I am the update tech. I am glad for this thread. This site is massive so updating is indeed a process. It started yesterday and will continue onward. When I know there is a chance of disruption I will post a big banner at the top of every page so when it loads you will see it taking place. I may also add something here. Thanks for your patience.

Newportnobby

Good luck with the update, Jean, and thanks for taking on this task.

NGFTech

Thanks Newportnobby.

So far the server has been updated and the forum has been updated to 2.0.18 which allows for a better PHP version.

Has anyone encountered any issues? If not, I will continue in a bit.

crewearpley40

No issues off a phone but site went down briefly 3 pm ish and patience required as expected, jogging along slowly. Thank you for all one is doing. Chris

chrism

Only thing I've noticed so far, using my Seamonkey browser, was that, for a time, the font changed - I assume that was during the period that the old PHP version was disabled prior to the new one being installed/started so my browser defaulted to its standard font.

Haven't noticed anything else.

Newportnobby

Large font for me also when the upgrade notice was up but now it's not showing the font is back to normal

NGFTech

Thanks for the feedback. The font issue is a normal occurrence because of my warning message at top.

Graham

whatever you are doing is working, pages are loading a lot faster today. may just be me, but definitely appears that way.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations