Photo attachment, is it me?

Started by suNNyG, January 29, 2021, 08:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suNNyG

Am I the only one who has trouble attaching photos to a post?  I can attach to an email, a WhatsApp message and to other systems without a problem.   Looked at the "help" section on the Forum and copied the info from the fuzzy images but it didn't; ..  help that is!
The image is in the "Gallery" on the Forum so what do I do to get it to a post?  Thanks .
ps I'm really not a dinosaur!

Newportnobby

If you find your pic in the Gallery just click on the pic and it will open in another window in a larger version. Underneath the pic you will then see a BB Code. Highlight the whole of that code (it begins and ends with img) and then copy and paste that code into your post. Job done.

Bealman

Yes, it is sort of cumbersome compared to things like WhatsApp, but you soon get used to it. I can even do it on my phone!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Dorsetmike

You can also click on "Add image to post and upload to gallery", works for me every time.

Seems to me that every forum is different, some have a button for "Upload image", others allow jpg files as attachments, this forum only allows PDF files  as attachments
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

ntpntpntp

This forum does have an awkward / non-standard way of adding photos as witnessed by the number of people who struggle with it in the beginning. Once you get the hang of it things do become much easier.

There are different ways of doing it. 

Some people like to add the photo to a gallery first then grab the BB code and copy this into the post they're writing. That method also works best if you want to add multiple photos to the gallery first.   It needs you to have two browser windows or tabs open to find and copy the BB code into the post.

For simply adding a photo as you write your post I still consider the "Add image to post and upload to gallery" facility easy as it does exactly that: you add your photo to an appropriate gallery (either a random photo or you own personal gallery) and the BB code is inserted into the post for you. 

I use the above method whenever I'm adding a new photo, and the separate windows for gallery and post when I'm re-using a photo already in my gallery
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 29, 2021, 08:51:20 PM
If you find your pic in the Gallery just click on the pic and it will open in another window in a larger version. Underneath the pic you will then see a BB Code. Highlight the whole of that code (it begins and ends with img) and then copy and paste that code into your post. Job done.

No need to fiddle around selecting and highlighting the BB code, just use the Copy icon to the right of the BB code field, swap to your post text window, position cursor where you want the image and paste.

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bealman

Thanks for pointing that out! I've never noticed that icon!  :-[

Makes it a lot easier on the phone.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

chrism

Quote from: ntpntpntp on January 29, 2021, 10:25:45 PM
This forum does have an awkward / non-standard way of adding photos as witnessed by the number of people who struggle with it in the beginning. Once you get the hang of it things do become much easier.

There are different ways of doing it. 

Some people like to add the photo to a gallery first then grab the BB code and copy this into the post they're writing. That method also works best if you want to add multiple photos to the gallery first.   It needs you to have two browser windows or tabs open to find and copy the BB code into the post.

The other advantage of using the BB code link is that large images will open & zoom "inline" in a post, rather than jumping off to the gallery first.

suNNyG

:thankyousign: Thanks everyone for your replies, I'll try again later!

lil chris

Thanks for that Nick @ntpntpntp i never noticed that icon before. I have never been able to post pics using my I pad, it might work with that.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Nbodger

Quote from: lil chris on January 30, 2021, 11:11:59 AM
Thanks for that Nick @ntpntpntp i never noticed that icon before. I have never been able to post pics using my I pad, it might work with that.

Chris @lil chris

I find that the icon button does not work on IPad so to copy the link do the following.

Place finger on the line to gain access to the text, again place finger on text to get the select / select all options, select all, then on the next options which come up automatically select copy

Mike H

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations