Skype font size

Started by Dorsetmike, July 18, 2014, 08:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

I've been finding it a bit awkward reading the Skype window, so I've been hunting for a way to make the font bigger; I finally found where it's hidden

Tools\options\IM & SMS\IM appearance\change font,

I found the default was 6 point, changed  mine now to 12 point.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

tutenkhamunsleeping

Does a combination of the ctrl and plus or minus keys do the same on your set-up?  Just wondering, as it's an easy on-the-fly fix if, like me, your eyes get increasingly tired as the day wears on 8)

Cmd instead of Ctrl on a Mac.

Dorsetmike

They work on most screens but not in Skype, I'm running Win 7 pro 64 and Firefox.

CTRL plus the mouse scroll wheel also works on most sites and apps.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

tutenkhamunsleeping

Pengi

Quote from: Dorsetmike on July 18, 2014, 09:40:29 PM
They work on most screens but not in Skype, I'm running Win 7 pro 64 and Firefox.

CTRL plus the mouse scroll wheel also works on most sites and apps.

I've found that CMD+ (I use a Mac) works on parts of Skype. It will work on the Skype home page and also the messaging but the Contacts page, History page, connect requests still stay in the default font.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Dorsetmike

Yep, similar with the fix I used, contacts are still small, but messages was my main problem which has been sorted.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations