Quick reply box missing

Started by Ed, March 21, 2024, 09:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Is it me, or has the Quick reply box disappeared from the end of each topic?

Just seems to be a Reply button  ???

Ed

Newportnobby

Well, I'm reading your post and there's definitely no 'Quick Reply' option ???

crewearpley40

I've noticed this. Press user actions and the button. I press more and modify.   I'm with you Ed and mick

ntpntpntp

Yup missing for me too, however is it a big deal?  I prefer to use Reply as then the options to add images works :)
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

njee20

Dunno, I find it irritating, have to click on the "user actions" drop down to get the reply button. 99% of the time I'm not posting images, so I'm happy to use quick reply. I know Tank was talking about trying to remove the "use reply to post images" text, maybe it's related to that.

Browning 9mm

agree, never saw the point of it. all we needed was reply, you could add pics if needed without having yet another step.

Ed

But now you have to click on Reply instead of just typing a reply, which if I'm not mistaken is an extra step  ???

Ed

ntpntpntp

Clicking one button to get a fully working reply window with image support etc. isn't a great hardship though, is it?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Ed

No, not at all, but why has it changed  :(  :confused1:

Ed

PLD

Quote from: Ed on March 21, 2024, 04:27:01 PMNo, not at all, but why has it changed  :(  :confused1:

Ed
Almost certain to quell the constant nagging from those who didn't understand the difference in functionality between "reply" and "quick reply" (and ignored when it was explained to them...) that "quick reply" didn't do what they wanted it to...  ::)

njee20

Why can't we just have the reply box below the last post? I've never used a forum where you have to look for the reply box!

lil chris

The quick edit button is not working either, noticed that yesterday.
Chris H.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: njee20 on March 21, 2024, 07:07:49 PMI've never used a forum where you have to look for the reply box!

Not sure what 'looking for' actually means. Shirley you just click on 'Reply' :confused1:  :confused1:

PLD

Quote from: njee20 on March 21, 2024, 07:07:49 PMWhy can't we just have the reply box below the last post? I've never used a forum where you have to look for the reply box!
It's not exactly difficult to find...  ???
It's one click of a button which is so baddly hidden it's a different colour to the others!!  :-\

Bealman

I must say that personally I'm finding that not having a reply window after the last post is a royal PITA.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations