Forum Issues

Started by Tank, July 19, 2023, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I've had nothing up top for years - inside or outside :-[

emjaybee

So, I had an email to say I'd been 'quoted' in a thread.

I come onto the Forum, but I can find no notification, message, or alert on the Forum that will take me to the thread in question.

Any ideas? Am I not finding it through my ineptitude, or does that no longer happen?

???
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on July 22, 2023, 04:03:17 PMSo, I had an email to say I'd been 'quoted' in a thread.

I come onto the Forum, but I can find no notification, message, or alert on the Forum that will take me to the thread in question.

Any ideas? Am I not finding it through my ineptitude, or does that no longer happen?

???

Have you tried at the very top of the page where lies 'Forum Name' then 'My Messages' then 'Alerts'?

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 22, 2023, 04:10:24 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on July 22, 2023, 04:03:17 PMSo, I had an email to say I'd been 'quoted' in a thread.

???

Have you tried at the very top of the page where lies 'Forum Name' then 'My Messages' then 'Alerts'?

Aha! Would you mind quoting me again please Mick. I've found the button, but I'd read your reply first.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

kesdrive

I am using an ipad and when I use my thumb to scroll down a post I keep hitting the 'more button' which highlights ' report to moderator' legend. I am scared I am going to report someone unintentionally!
 :angel:

Chris

Tank

Quote from: kesdrive on July 22, 2023, 04:21:10 PMI am using an ipad and when I use my thumb to scroll down a post I keep hitting the 'more button' which highlights ' report to moderator' legend. I am scared I am going to report someone unintentionally!
 :angel:

Chris

Don't worry, I won't send the boys round!   :D

kesdrive

That's a relief Chris.

:thumbsup:

Chris

crewearpley40

Chris @Tank @NGFTech sorry bother. Still issues downloading adding photos using a camera phone

Tank

I know, you keep posting. I'm working on something to make it easier.   ;D   Four posts in a day isn't helpful!   :smiley-laughing:

What part are you stuck on?

crewearpley40

Thank you. I shall be patient and wait. I appreciate,  we all do. I follow the links and instructions just not seems to load. Chris. We all appreciate your hard work honestly.  I shall wait. I'm not good at explaining in words but title user gallery add pic. Just clicked . Oh well happy to wait. I'm not frustrated just being patient now. Thanks first and foremost for responding

You have a good day evening with family. Off for a beer

ntpntpntp

@crewearpley40 The joys of using a phone rather than a proper computer and browser?  :)   

I confess I refuse to have a "smart" phone or iPad, despite being an IT savvy  software developer.  I just don't like them.   I do all my browsing etc. on a Windows laptop or desktop, I take photos on a digital camera and never have any problems with uploading them to here.

Maybe you need someone else to sit with you and observe/advise what's going on?  Ideally we need to see what happens at each step. Screenshots would be great but of course you're not able to upload them!!

Have you tried transferring the photos to a PC and uploading from there?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

crewearpley40

Nick @ntpntpntp sorry only using phone. Cannot use work laptop. Tank has responded and matters are in hand. Its a patience game as we all adjust to the new look forum and I'm confident about uploading. Kind but being patient

Tank

Has anyone else been experiencing slow loading, or Temporarily Unavailable pages?  I've reported it to the host.

crewearpley40

Malc-c

Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2023, 09:26:33 PMHas anyone else been experiencing slow loading, or Temporarily Unavailable pages?  I've reported it to the host.

Yes I have been sitting waiting upwards of 20-30 seconds for pages to load, especially when replying to a post.  I quoted your post and after 15-20 seconds the quick reply box popped up with *Add image to post actually contained within the box the message is typed in.  Your post was not present so I started typing and midway typing the quoted text was inserted a good minute after the reply box loaded
Malcolm

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Visit my Shapeway Shop here -  https://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dmr-designs

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations