wiring diagram or drawing for remotor of dapol 45xx pannier

Started by N Scale Newbie, January 21, 2019, 11:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N Scale Newbie

Hi gentlemen I might have an out of the park request for you to chew on. The last time I asked for help over a peco Jubilee motor I received a mine of information and the Physical help of Dr Al who looked to bring fresh life to the motor but had to declare it a dead parrot in true Monty Python stylee. When i was tricked into believing the Jubilee was sound I was also conned with a Dapol 45xx 2-6-2 Pannier tank which turned out to be also dead as a dodo. Since then I aquired a new motor from DCC and started to search for diagrams or descriptions as to how to rewire the new motor as all but one very thin and fragile wire was broken or hanging loose. Up to date I have tried DCC Supplies spares listings for fresh wiring and searched every where i could think of including Haynes manuals to try and get the answers to no avail. So after all this waffle can anyone point me in the right direction to get answers as , as far as I can see it has to be wired before the motor goes in as there is only room for an engineering gnat. I fervently hope someone can help me with where to get the right wire and some form of diagram as to what end goes where as my memory is not what it was thanks to vascular heart disease and I hate to give in. Hope you can help me in the spirit of friendliness Ken.
Happy but permanently confused with wiring diagrams due to cardio vascular damage. I used to have a brain but now have Reagans walnut.

jpendle

Do you mean a 45xx 262 Prairie tank, or a 65xx 060 Pannier?

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Dr Al

In most simple terms you can remove all the wiring, electrical components and simply run the wire from one side's pickups to one terminal of the motor and the opposite side pickups to the other motor terminal. If the loco runs in reverse compared to others then you just need to swap which terminal each wire goes to around.

The coils, capacitors etc are for TV interference suppression, but they do relatively little in my experience (I have TV near my my layout - they don't work!), and running without them has no detrimental effect to the loco or motor.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

NeilWhite

Hi

The attached DCC conversion guide for the Dapol 45XX may be helpful.

Neil

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations