what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Making people watch that dreadful program is a bit extreme to settle a dispute on here.........or do you mean shooting someone?
:laugh:

GroupC

Back on topic, today's offering from the GroupC school of musical education is Temples with their Sun Structures album, including this slice of wonderfulness: "Keep in the Dark", as featured in some advert or other for cider I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99U9-zRHXf0

Check out the dude's hair! Apparently he was the inspiration for frizz-ease.

austinbob

I am in the garden listening to the blackbirds with my smartphone in one hand and a glass of wine in the other. The sun has just come out as I speak.
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Some classic Tull, including this........

! No longer available

@Malc
@Caz
Please let me know the vid is embedded in the post as it's OK for me and I just copied the full URL from my browser and pasted it here. Ta

Malc

I use an iPad @newportnobby , so don't see the embedded video. Usually I see the URL, but in this case all I see is !no longer available. However, if I click in the White bit where the video should be, it works. I did notice that sometime on other posts of yours, Mick, I had the same effect. I know George commented on one not long ago. It was a bit of video at the end of some pictures. What browser/OS are you using?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

@Malc
When my laptop went in for repair the guy changed my browser to 'Opera' which I've found to be decently fast and easy to use. There has been much written about how to embed YouTube vids after they messed about with it but I find that just copying and pasting the full URL (including the 's' in 'https') works just fine. It appears in my post and I just played in 2 minutes ago. I tagged you and Caz just in case summat was different in another country.
It does say in very small print under the vid that it is 'no longer available' but seems to embed OK :confused1:

marco neri

Thundef and lightning - THIN LIZZY..

Thunder amd lightning.....really!... :-X

It's a strange June.....tropical warm in the morning....bad weather in the afternoon...open your umbrellas !..please!

Cheers
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Jerry Howlett

And here Massive storm just now. That following temperatures +30 C at the weekend. Still continuing tomorrow so will head to IKEA as Mrs "H" has suggested I need to buy new lights for the train room :claphappy:

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

paulprice

I'm listening to the world famous Sprout wind overture in F flat, as I had a few of the little green bombs of joy with my lunch, now I wonder if I should have some more with dinner  :hmmm:

Malc

For the sake of the environment, I'd leave off them! 😄
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

paulprice

but the foggy/misty sulphurous atmosphere it creates make my layout more authentic, that's my excuse anyway :)

Anyone know where I can get some fire proof wangers? ???

GroupC

Anyway, back on topic, tonight it's Tanya Donelly with This Hungry Life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxI4JY3LwVI&list=PL5EU3z76diy4nIXs76E2Jx9Hn551Do_H5

Saw her supporting Throwing Muses in Leeds last year, incredible, Best gig of the year.

Newportnobby

A pleasant and, needless to say, wet Sunday morning playing 'Da Capo' by Renaissance.
A double CD sort of 'best of'

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations