A goodly contribution to the forum funds

Started by Newportnobby, November 15, 2019, 09:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

No doubt many of you have seen I've been selling a lot of items on the N'Porium on behalf of an acquaintance who is sadly ill and has decided to give up the hobby.

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47009.msg598113#msg598113

As a result a substantial amount of money has been raised for his charity of choice and a bank transfer has been made by me to him. He has decided, in recognition of the help of all who have been involved, to make a donation of £300 to the forum to help with any alterations/improvements Tank sees fit. @Tank could you please PM me with the paypal address for the payment to be made and I'll let you have the chap's e mail address should you wish to make contact.

I believe the charity concerned is the Lancashire Air Ambulance.
Thanks to you all and please have a look at the N'Porium to see if there is anything left you would like. I will relist them with some new ads/pics when the current ads expire.

crewearpley40

Wish mick's acquaintence well with his health but a huge thank you must go out to mick aka newportnobby for his hard work in raising funds and guess items that the mail wo nt take eg glue, paint, scenic ballast can be taken to clubs, tanks show next year, a discussion which i had with mick recently. Chris

Bealman

Yes, well done, Mick. Stirling effort, mate.  :thumbsup: :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Lawrence

Hoorah  :claphappy: :claphappy: bloody good effort on your part mate and good to hear that so much good will come out of a rather sad situation. Please give our mutual acquaintance my best wishes next time you speak to him

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: Lawrence on November 16, 2019, 06:11:03 AM
Hoorah  :claphappy: :claphappy: bloody good effort on your part mate and good to hear that so much good will come out of a rather sad situation. Please give our mutual acquaintance my best wishes next time you speak to him

Seconded

guest311

Lawrence

Quote from: class37025 on November 17, 2019, 01:17:51 AM
thirded, if there is such a word  >:D

I'm sure there is  :D and I'm sure folk will be along soon to fourth, fifth etc  :claphappy: and rightly so, Mick has done a power of work on this rather sad project and for the owner to make such a huge contribution to the forum is testament to them both  :thumbsup:

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Tank

That's an incredible amount, to which I'm so grateful.  So sad to hear hear that said member is so ill and unable to continue in the hobby.  I'll be sure to write to him to say thank you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23
Below Goal: £39.77
Site Currency: GBP
60% 
April Donations