Tiny type

Started by kiwi1941, November 11, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwi1941

I must have pressed a wrong button inadvertently! My screen has suddenly started displaying NGF pages, and no otherss running under Firefox, in a tiny type - the equivalent of about 6 or 8 point.

What can I do to return to a size that doesn't require a magnifying glass?

Apologies in advance for any typos, they are difficult to see. Size does matter!

Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

polo2k

At the top of the screen there should be some menus (press alt if they are hidden) then look for something in one of them called text size, or failing that look for zoom.

You prolly inadvertantly found the keyboard shortcut.
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Tank

Thanks Polo2k.  I hope you can sort it out, otherwise let us know! :thumbsup:

kiwi1941

Quote from: polo2k on November 11, 2011, 10:38:09 PM
At the top of the screen there should be some menus (press alt if they are hidden) then look for something in one of them called text size, or failing that look for zoom.

I can see a series of tabs from Home to Logout but can't find anything in them relating to text size or zoom. Am I being particularly dumb - or are they just too small for me to see.

It would be useful to know the shortcut key for future reference!

Sorry to be a pain. Brian

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

EtchedPixels

On a modern firefox its

View->Zoom->Reset

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

polo2k

Quote from: kiwi1941 on November 11, 2011, 11:45:19 PM
Quote from: polo2k on November 11, 2011, 10:38:09 PM

I can see a series of tabs from Home to Logout but can't find anything in them relating to text size or zoom. Am I being particularly dumb - or are they just too small for me to see.

It would be useful to know the shortcut key for future reference!

Sorry to be a pain. Brian

Those are the forum options I think.

You need the ones that are something like: File, Edit, Tools, Help

Another thought might be to hold down CTRL and then scroll up on your mouse wheel. this gives the zoom function
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

kiwi1941

Quote from: EtchedPixels on November 11, 2011, 11:47:03 PM
On a modern firefox its View->Zoom->Reset

Thanks Alan and Polis. I was being dumb - I thought the advice referred to the NGF page and tabs not Firefox.

All is now restored and I can take my glasses off.  8)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations