Show unread posts since last visit

Started by Newportnobby, September 16, 2011, 08:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Hi,
Did my usual this morning (got into work early so I could catch up on last night's posts), clicked on "Show unread posts since last visit" and there were none. I considered this very odd as I had to log in so it's not as if I hadn't logged out. When I scrolled down to see what the latest posts were they were loads of them.
I'd appreciate any advice as the "Show unread posts....." is the most used link for me.
Cheers
Nobby

tadpole

"Show unread posts since last visit" is my usual first point of entry, too. I've never had the symptoms you describe, though.
Two rails good. Three better.

guest311

Just a thought, but it's not the IT police at work changed something is it?

I find that when I'm at work I often don't get the pictures in some posts, but when I review the same post at home the pic is there no probs.

they also stop you from viewing 'streaming video' so any embedded youtube clips are out [or even BBC news]

just a thought

class37025

Newportnobby

Thanks,guys.
I've tried again and no probs this time.
I think our system is a bit like me - takes some time to get going in the mornings ::)

Tank

It's usually to do with Cookies, and not the forum itself I'm afraid.

If you used the same computer you'll see the posts you haven't seen, but as far as the forum is aware, your computer has accessed the "Show unread posts since last visit" and that information is stored in the Cookie on your computer.

Otherwise you'll have to use the Yellow signals to see the boards with new posts.

tadpole

37025 - you must work for the same company as me - no pictures.
Two rails good. Three better.

guest311

Quote from: tadpole on September 17, 2011, 09:40:14 AM
37025 - you must work for the same company as me - no pictures.

Hi Tadpole,
don't think we're up where you are.

it is funny though that some posts come up with the pics no probs, and others don't. they don't even show the square with the red X in it.

class37025

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations