Join in with the NGF Raffle

Started by guest2, November 14, 2011, 06:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

OK OK, so there was a third Tornado?  Blimey, I never knew there were so many kettles!  :D

Lawrence

Calling all NGF members

The prize list has now been updated and to clarify things, 1st out gets No.1, second out gets prize No.2 etc. etc  I fully understand that members will be disappointed if they are not eighteenth out of the hat  ;) but whatever prize you win will hopefully compensate  ;D

If every current member bought a ticket (and we are quite a way from that yet!) you would have a 1 in 34 chance of a prize, better than your weekly lottery and we have much better prizes than that lot  ;)

Obviously the fund raising is a necessary evil, we have all benefited, in some way, from this forum but ultimately keeping it running is down to funding. If you want NGF to continue please consider buying an extra couple of raffle tickets, say a pints worth  ;)

It has been a pleasure dealing with the many companies who have supported this raffle with very generous donations, so please show your appreciation by visiting their websites and please mention  :NGaugeForum: as it is important that they get some feedback too.

Thank you all for your support so far and long may it continue

4x2

As i'm stuck in tonight, i've donated a Bath pint for you.... £5 !!!! Or as I put it on the entry form - '5 more chances to win that mug' (No 18 !)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Tank

Thanks mate!  There's nothing wrong with the mug you cheeky sods!!! ;D

4x2

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 10:41:46 PM
Thanks mate!  There's nothing wrong with the mug you cheeky sods!!! ;D
I know... I want one ! If i'm unlucky enough not to win it, i'll buy one anyway  :thumbsup:
I'll have sell the expensive prizes to buy many mugs... (don't last long in my house !)  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

OwL

Thanks to everyone who has donated prizes, the mods who have spent alot of time bringing this great raffle to the forum and for those of you who have purchased tickets. :thumbsup:

The prizes on offer are truly fantastic, so please, If you havent done so already, please,please,please buy a ticket (5 would be great ;))

Dont forget, the money goes along way to support this great forum, and will help us expand and reach many more N Gauge modellers world wide, who in turn will share their skills and knowledge with us all making our hobby richer in depth and longevity.
We also hope to make a donation to 'Help for Heroes', recognizing the Bravery and selflessness of the British Armed Forces, serving, injured or retired.We will always be grateful to them for all the dangerous work and hardships they face daily.

Many Thanks to every member of  :NGaugeForum:, Thanks for supporting us, and those that can please grab a ticket or two for the Raffle :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Tank

New Prize - Graham Farish 49XX Hall "4970" Sketty Hall - GWR Green (372-001).

Waiting its arrival from Lendon's of Cardiff.  Many thanks!

Chinahand

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2011, 11:25:16 AM
New Prize - Graham Farish 49XX Hall "4970" Sketty Hall - GWR Green (372-001).

That's convinced me. Have just bought £5 worth so here's hoping.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Roy L S

Forgive my confusion. I made a payment of £5 for some tickets 4th December via Paypal but didn't see any entry form, have I been a complete plank and missed this somewhere or am I ok with what I have done?

Roy

Lawrence

Quote from: Roy L S on December 10, 2011, 04:11:03 PM
Forgive my confusion. I made a payment of £5 for some tickets 4th December via Paypal but didn't see any entry form, have I been a complete plank and missed this somewhere or am I ok with what I have done?

Roy

Roy, assuming the payment went through ok, Tank would have allocated your numbers at his end, there was no entry form to complete

Tank

Roy,

I'm not issuing out the ticket numbers because of the fact that members of the NGF Staff have entered the raffle.  I feel that if numbers were issued, and a member of staff won (especially if this was the nominated person chosing the winning tickets), then there could be some people who might think it's fixed.  I have no problem telling people their numbers after the raffle. 

If this causes any problems then let me know and I'll refund anyone.  I feel this is the fairest way.

Roy L S

Hi Lawrence and Tank

Thanks for clarifying.

I saw someone earlier in the thread mention a form, and realised I hadn't seen one so wondered if I had missed it!

Tank, the way you are approaching it makes perfect sense, after all, why shouldn't NGF staff enter too?

In any case, for me (and no doubt many others here) it is more a case of a small contribution to a Forum I have enjoyed being a member of with the chance to win something being an added bonus!

Cheers

Roy

Tank

Lawrence

Pleased to announce that the Hall has just arrived safely with me and it is added to the list of prizes you can win - and yes you do have to buy tickets first  ;D

Pete Mc

I want to buy a fivers worth but don't have paypal account.

How do I get some tickets using an alternative means?

Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations