Farish Voyager close coupling solutions?

Started by BertFredStan, May 19, 2021, 05:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BertFredStan

The drawbars that come with the model are a little long for my liking. I don't they can be considered 'close coupling' by modern standards. Has anyone come across a close coupling solution? I wonder if a shorter 3D printed drawbar was out there somewhere?

I've had a look around but can't find anything. I had thought about creating something that could be held by the screw points but would mean unscrewing each time I wanted to put the stock away. Avoiding that would be desirable.

Vonzack

Hi,

I don't think I've seen anything around to do this and I'm not sure a 3D printed coupler would be robust enough to deal with coupling and uncoupling, the Farish bars are pretty small.

I wonder if it might be better to get a spare set, cut a piece out of the middle and super glue or epoxy them back together. Will be fiddly though.

Cheers, Mark.

woodbury22uk

There is probably enough room to follow Mark's cut and shut suggestion, then reinforcing the joint with some thin walled brass tube. I did try a cut and shut with magnets a few years back which worked OK once I found strong enough magnets. Unit sold on since then.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

BertFredStan

Yes, I think Mark's suggestion might be the answer. I may in fact have the correct brass tube at hand although I wonder if some heat shrink might suffice. I will have a go and report my findings! Thanks.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23
Below Goal: £39.77
Site Currency: GBP
60% 
April Donations