coach conversion

Started by weave, January 10, 2012, 12:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Hi all. Happy new year.

This is prob pretty obvious but am going to convert a Roco italian sleeper coach to a portuguese one. Won't be exactly correct but will do with painted roof, doors and portuguese decals I got from America. Anyway the only problem is removing the FS (italian logo) from each side. Have never 'interfered' with coaches or locos before so how do I get them off?

The coach is blue and want to keep it so but don't want to paint over the white FS logos as would prob be wrong shade etc. Are thinners or something like that ok? Don't want to rush in, damage plastic etc. and 'male chicken' (changed by forum) it up.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers Weave.

guest311

Hi Weave,

I would certainly steer well clear of thinners, would most likely take off the white print, the base colour and softer the plastic.

I used t-cut on a cotton bud for years to remove lettering etc, but have now gone over, after advice from Chris, to using mr muscle oven cleaner.

it's non caustic, and if you only leave on for about 30mins, then rinse off, will remove printed on items, but not the base paint coat.

as an example I recently used it to remove the Transrail markings, numbers etc from some Farish class 37s, and was left with a pristine trainload triple grey body shell.

hope that helps

cheers

alan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations