Atso-Cad Models

Started by Stevie DC, December 06, 2013, 09:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie DC

Hi Arrachogaidh,

Unfortunately, none of these locos feature in my range. However there are a couple of classes listed here that are under consideration but I am unable to provide details at this time.

At present, I am still living out of boxes and it is very frustrating that I do not have access to my reference collection. This situation will change in due course (I just wish I knew when!).

All the best

Steve

Edit: Actually, I've had a D2 body on the go for a little while which will need a seriously hacked Dapol B1 chassis to complete (no tender though yet) - could pass as a D1 perhaps?

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on January 31, 2015, 09:31:51 PM
What's going on here then? According to the BR Database Loco 57261 is a Caledonian Jumbo however

GEM KITS produced a model of 57261 as a J36 albeit OO Gauge

That is a Jumbo, but in a J36 box for some reason.

N-Gauge-US

Any progress on the H Class? I'd love to build one as my first kit locomotive (I have a picture of 263 on the Bluebell as my cellphone background) and the M7 is a cheap loco to source a chassis from. When you do yours will you add any weight? Or will the new body do that on its own? The rtr M7 is a poor hauler and a heavier body supposedly cures that. I'm very excited to see this model show up on your site, as all the others you have up look top notch!

-Philip

Quote from: Atso on January 23, 2015, 07:45:52 PM
Hi all,

As per my post on my personal workbench thread, I'm yet to be in a position to set up shop to do any serious modelling.

However, two 'new' models have been released on Shapeways for sale. These are:

LNER Dia 120 Full Brake (Pigeon Van) - 39.54 Euro (approx. £29.60)

Following numerous requests for this model I have put this model on Shapeways in a slightly modified form to the kit. You will need, wheels and NEM couplings to complete.

LNER C12 - 26.69 Euro (approx. £20)

Recommended chassis for this is the Dapol 14xx which will need modifications. The rear coupling, outside frame and coils will need to be removed from the chassis along with 5mm from the front chassis weight. A Farish bogie (Jubilee or similar) will need to be pinned under the footplate to gain the correct 4-4-2 wheel arrangement.

Following Shapeways's pricing restructure, my own models have increased slightly in price. Further details to follow once I've calculated the approximate new UK prices.

For those wondering about the H Class. I still have not been able to progress this further but will do so once I'm back in a position to build the prototype.
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Stevie DC

Thank you for the suggestion.

Having been suffering from depression for a few years now, there hasn't been much progress on the Atso-Cad front and, having been inundated with ideas and suggestions, I found that I was spending far more time responding to people than actually designing anything.

There is some work going on in the background to properly revive Atso-Cad now but these will have to be of prototypes that will sell a realistic number (50 minimum to do a run when I'm ready and able to get fully back into this).

Dorsetmike

That Caley Jumbo could probably do for an LSWR 700 class before superheating, Drummond also produced  4-4-0s for the LSWR which were basically updates of ones he built for the Caley; the LSWR C8,  K10 and L11 didn't get superheated, the L11 did have a longer wheelbase, but the C8 and K10 could easily pass for similar Caley classes; all existed into SR days the C8 lasted up to the early 30s, the K10 & L11 into early BR days.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations