Metcalfe Windows or similar

Started by port perran, December 08, 2014, 08:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Does anyone know if Metcalfe sell sheets of their pre-printed window acetates (the type supplied with most of their kits)?
I can't see them listed on their website but a supply (consisting of various types and sizes) would be very handy.
Failing that, are their any other suppliers out there who produce something similar ?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

cycletrak9

It's always worth while asking them.

When I decided to ditch the Ratio [modified] version of Tintern station in favour of a scratchbuild, Peco were happy to supply a fret of the doors/windows independently of the kit although it isn't listed in their catalogue.

Dorsetmike

Make yer own, plenty of things come in clear plastic of various thicknesses, or if you are going to do a lot then OHP transparencies, a fine line paint marker and a ruler

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UNI-BALL-PAINT-MARKER-WHITE-PX-203/dp/B001ARZBRY/ref=sr_1_2?s=officeproduct&ie=UTF8&qid=1418081553&sr=1-2&keywords=fine+line+paint+markers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A192413031%2Ck%3Aohp+transparency+film&keywords=ohp+transparency+film&ie=UTF8&qid=1418081807

You can get the paint markers in other colours too. Making your own also means you can do any size window. OHP transparency sheets also come in handy for glazing in coaches or vans,  use a brown paint marker to draw on the grab rail on corridor, or a black or grey for bars on some van windows.

The other alternative is to use etched brass windows, Peedie Models, ScaleLink, Brassmasters etc. but you still need clear glazing.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Chinahand

Try e-mailing them. I wanted some extra frets of the GWR canopy edging that came with their Wayside Station building which I had 'bashed' and re-modelled. A quick e-mail to them and they sold me half a dozen frets which I plan to use on the other station canopies I am scratch building.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations