Saying hello, and asking for help :-)

Started by Stickboy, December 07, 2014, 11:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickboy

Greetings fellow modellers!

First off, a confession :-(
I am not, as yet, an N scale modeller. I have experience in related disciplines, namely OO9 and HOn30, and I strongly suspect I will at some point dabble in Nn3.

My current interests lie firmly in North American Z scale, and my main reason for signing in here is in pursuit of track laying materials. I currently use commercial flex and set track, and want to see what improvements in appearance and performance can be achieved by hand laying.

I contacted the relevant authorities at the 2mm Association with regard to acquiring some of their products, and was informed that whilst sales to non members would cause all sorts of bookkeeping problems, if I could locate a friendly member willing to purchase said items on my behalf, the matter would almost certainly not be raised at Prime Ministers' question time :-)

So, here I am, asking if any 2mm Association member, preferably local to me (Tameside, South Manchester), would be happy to order some rail and PCB sleepers for me, thereby saving me the £20 annual membership? I'm happy to provide cash up front :-)

Many thanks for any help offered, I will put up some photos of my work if anyone is interested?

Cheers,

Phil

scotsoft

Hi Phil and welcome on board  :thumbsup:

I hope you will find someone to help you out with your query  ;)

If you would care to post some pictures, I am sure they will be warmly received and may help you find someone.

cheers John.

Stickboy

Thanks for the welcome John!
Let me see if I can figure out the photo thing :-)

Bealman

G'day, Phil! Welcome to the forum! I for one would like a sticky beak at what you are up to, even if it's not N!

There is a tutorial on posting images, but if you are having trouble, let us know.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Stickboy

Ok, if I've got this right, this should be some photos of the current Z micro I'm working on :-)

I'm currently posting from my phone, so apologies if it isn't correct, I might do better when I get back to the laptop 

Bealman

Yep, it's fine here on my phone. That is awesome scenery! In fact it's hard to believe it is Z scale!

Triple  :thumbsup: mate!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

UPINSMOKE

Amazing work and welcome. Thank you for sharing. :greatpicturessign: MORE :photospleasesign: and  :thankyousign:
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Layout Southern Comfort - In-Progress:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23145.0

scotsoft

You have success Phil, congratulations for working it out on your phone  :thumbsup:

Great looking scenery, very realistic and I hope you will keep us up to date with more as you progress.  We do have a section for other scales so if you post them there then you will make them available to everyone.

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Welcome to the forum, Phil, and I wish you success in finding someone to help you out.
Super scenic talent there :thumbsup:

Papyrus

I should be careful with photos like the second one down...

You might find some smarty-boots moderator saying you can't post photos of the real thing and pass it off as a model :) :no: :)!

Brilliant stuff. Send us more. What make are the trees?

Cheers,

Chris

Stickboy

Thanks guys!!!

All the rockwork, trees and vegetation is made from scratch, the fences are etched metal, one bridge is a cut down Peco N item, and the other is a cut down N gondola.

Papyrus

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations