i am having to move to the dark side

Started by kevin141, November 08, 2014, 02:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin141

Sorry to say i will be leaving this group as i have had to give up my n gauge as it so hard for me to use now have enjoyed my time with it but when things are no longer a pleasure it is time to change so a bit bigger kit and hope i get my mojo back
all the best kevin141
Good dinner

d-a-n

Sad to hear you're giving up your N gauge; I hope you continue to enjoy the forum though.

Caz

Sorry you're leaving us Kevin but going to the dark side doesn't mean you can't pop in from time to time.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bob Tidbury

:sorrysign: to hear your leaving us Kevin but as Caz said you can always put your sun glasses on and pop over to the bright side ,we will forgive you but don't give up railways altogether even if you go big O at least it's railways .
Good luck with future projects.
Bob

DesertHound

Quote from: kevin141 on November 08, 2014, 02:28:12 PM
Sorry to say i will be leaving this group as i have had to give up my n gauge as it so hard for me to use now have enjoyed my time with it but when things are no longer a pleasure it is time to change so a bit bigger kit and hope i get my mojo back
all the best kevin141

Sorry in some ways to hear that Kevin, but in other ways I'm happy for you, since you are taking a pro-active decision to stay with railway modelling, albeit in a larger scale that works for you. So long as the larger scale enables you to continue enjoying this great hobby then that's all that really matters.

We'll be sorry to lose your company, however. As somebody else said, pop in from time to time. I dunno, maybe start a thread in a year's time titled "The Darkside vs N Gauge - Pros and cons".

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Newportnobby

Very sorry to hear that, Kevin, but don't give up on us completely as much of the information here is not gauge restricted.

Dorsetmike

Well I'm 80, I've been modelling N for 40 years and a few weeks, I don't find much in the way of problems  - yet - divorce, second marriage now widowed, 6 house moves haven't stopped me, currently waiting for 7th house move so gradually dismantling and salvaging and packing as much as possible in anticipation of a new layout.

Too much time and money involved to give up now.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

kevin141

Had a quick look in the track plan books but there is a couple of layouts on here that look like they may be possible to use will let you all know and will be lurking in the back ground
kevin141
Good dinner

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations