n gauge bob

Started by joe cassidy, March 13, 2019, 08:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

Has anyone heard from N Gauge Bob (from Newark, Notts) recently ?

His health was fragile.

Hope he is alright.

Best regards,

Joe

joe cassidy

His last post was over a month ago.

Newportnobby

It is a worry, so a shout out to @N Gauge Bob - please let us know how you are.

N Gauge Bob

Good morning everyone.
Yes, I am still alive...I checked in the mirror this morning and there I was....grumpy as usual  :D

Thank you all for your concern. My health has somewhat deteriorated as some will have noticed by my lack of visitation to the Lincoln and Mansfield shows, although I have had a couple of letters published in the Journal. I am also trying to do an update for BRM on Armathwaite.

Apart from my multitude of ailments, the main problem is my arthritis and diabetes, which means I am limited quite dramatically in movement and also modelling ability, plus my inability to travel very far.

The other reason is that I have virtually given up buying on eBay. I have most of what I need now for the layout and I still have piles of kits to build and rakes of stock to decal and weather which will be my main task for this year.

Once I can get the videocam working so I understand it  :confused1: there will be loads of photos, films and info on my You Tube channel...more on that in due course.

It is so nice that my friends on the Group have noticed my lack of posts. It's great to have genuine friends.

Cheers and best regards to all
Bob
Remember this:
Amateurs..............built the Ark!
Professionals........built the Titanic!

Bob Tidbury

:sorrysign: to hear you are not feeling well but pleased to hear your still in the land of the living .I suffer from a bad back my self and because we are  surrounded  by steep hills I don't get out much ,so like you I'm house bound unless my very good friend HAILSTONE picks me up or Ray from B H E  takes me to one of the many shows we go to .I get the local paper on a Friday and the first thing I look at is the obituary page just to make sure my name isn't there ,then I know I must be alive still .
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

Thanks for the reply, Bob. Good to know you're still with us.

joe cassidy

Take care of yourself mate and continue to enjoy our hobby.

Bob G

Yeah
We Bobs need to keep bobbin along.
Keep the faith and best regards
Bob

N Gauge Bob

Greetings everyone. Just a quick update. I have now been housebound for nearly three years. I am riddled with arthritis, and due to that and diabetes, my feet do not work vey well as indeed I proved last week with a fall, ripping my intercostal yet again but this time busting a few ribs!!
I hope to get back on Armathwaite in a few weeks. Hard to believe it is nearly 16 years old now.
Hope you lot are keeping well.
Cheers
Bob
Remember this:
Amateurs..............built the Ark!
Professionals........built the Titanic!

Bealman

Sorry to hear about the fall. I sympathise completely, as I've been down the fall and busted ribs road meself.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Me too and the recovery from several ripped costal cartilages along with 5 broken ribs were the most pain I've ever suffered and I've suffered a few pains in my time. I hope you get well soon Bob.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

joe cassidy

To quote The 3 Degrees (King Charles III's favourite girl group), Take Good Care of Yourself.

Bealman

Now there's an awesomely useless piece of trivia for ya.  ;)

Look after yourself, Bob.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations