Bachmann (inc EFE and Graham Farish) Summer 2023 announcements

Started by Skyline2uk, May 03, 2023, 12:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

Looks like some great models, be certainly having a look at those Mk 1s , the HAAs and TTA tanks. A great choice of models given the diverse eras which we modeling and tastes and locos, stock we like.

Portpatrick

Wow.  That looks like a lot of items. I might be getting my order from TMC - a 5MT with their basic level of weathering.

Ensign Elliott

As an early 1960s era modeller with a secondary fleet of late 1980s stock, I'm really pleased with todays announcement. The new batches of Mk1s and Mk2s, especially more TSOs, are most welcome indeed. The new clay tigers also look fab.

Bob G

Very pleased to have all my existing rakes of Blue Riband Mk 1 coaches given the prices.
I do have some which were £12 each, from the Signal Box liquidation sale, 2012.  Good investment!

Now do I pre-order an RMB in crimson-cream at £40-75, or wait for them to be heavily discounted (or sold out).
Hmmm. Possibly yes.

Richard Taylor

Quote from: martyn on May 03, 2023, 01:46:29 PM
The Bachmann news webpage says that the Summer announcements will be at the York Society Show, so another reason to attend.

Quote;

"This will be the first opportunity for members of the public to see the Summer N Scale British Railway Announcements",

Martyn

I'm thinking that the NGS need to be making a weekend show in May a regular event, if this is the reaction it prompts from Farish... :D :thumbsup:

Even more annoyed I won't now be able to make it due to train strikes and having friends to stay that weekend who I can't just abandon!

Richard

Adam1701D

I am sure the re-released Mark 1 and 2 coaches will be most welcome. They do seem on the expensive side, particularly the Mk1s with their old tooling and lack of lighting.

The Mk2s look excellent, particularly the SpotRail set.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Skyline2uk

Quote from: captainelectra on May 03, 2023, 03:06:21 PM
I am sure the re-released Mark 1 and 2 coaches will be most welcome. They do seem on the expensive side, particularly the Mk1s with their old tooling and lack of lighting.

The Mk2s look excellent, particularly the SpotRail set.

I agree ref the price of coaches. Having now found the MK2s are above £40 each even with the retailer discount, I am questioning if I will pick up a second rake.

Having said that, I am plesently surprised at the relative affordability of the tigers (especially with them being brand new and quite complex) and HAAs.

On the HAAs; yes they are old tooling now, but comfortably under £20 a wagon at retailers (yes I know, but it's modern day economy) is quite rare.

I have my suspicions about the potential entry into the market of a new player when it comes to these wagons, not sure if this a Bachmann reaction  :hmmm:

Skyline2uk

trkilliman

The Castle, Duchess, and 64xx.
Have these steam locos been discontinued?

chipperuk

I've been waiting to get my hand on Mk2F Swallow TSOs to complete my rake and upgrade from the old versions, especially having paid to get a DBSO re-painted for me last year.

I wonder if it is too early to pick out items for Christmas and Birthday (October) for people to pre-order for me and put away - they would be so disappointed if these were sold out when the time comes  :D

Newportnobby

Bear in mind the supermarkets start Christmas in August and the timing could be perfick ;)

Brian-1c

Well done Bachmann, that's a great bundle of announcements,
Brian

scruff

Some good announcements today, PBA and extra second class coaches, I just don't understand why they need two brake coaches, I think a third second class coach would have made more sense..

Just my humble opinion..

Cheers
Mark

njee20

Really impressed with the range, I'm amused to see moaning from some quarters about the lack of OO gauge and "hopefully there'll be more to come in OO next quarter". About time!

Amazing the PBAs have taken this long, I'd have done them long before the JIAs if I were Bachmann. I really hope the coaches are a bit more plentiful as well for a while now! Better still there's nothing I'm interested in, so I don't to thrash the credit card even more!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: njee20 on May 03, 2023, 10:20:46 PM
Really impressed with the range, I'm amused to see moaning from some quarters about the lack of OO gauge and "hopefully there'll be more to come in OO next quarter". About time!

Amazing the PBAs have taken this long, I'd have done them long before the JIAs if I were Bachmann. I really hope the coaches are a bit more plentiful as well for a while now! Better still there's nothing I'm interested in, so I don't to thrash the credit card even more!

Seconded on all points Nick.

My credit card isn't as safe, I do hope the MK2s linger for a little longer than the last batch.

Skyline2uk

njee20

Yes, I can see a hammering forthcoming on the Mk2s. They do look great, and I've  always had a bit of a soft spot for them, but can't justify a rake, so I shall refrain.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations