Error I don't understand

Started by ianwales, July 04, 2023, 10:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianwales

Hi

I seem to be able to log in to the forum on my computer in work no problem; however, if I try and log in at home I get the following message-

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I also get the same message if I try to log in using my ipad which makes me thing it could be something wifi related to do with the sky wifi as if I diconnect my ipad from the Sky wifi and tether it via my phone I ca get on the site no problem.

any ideas how to fix this please?

Ian

Malc

First thing to try is reboot the router by cycling the power.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

NScaleNotes

It could be router related but the fact you get a 403 error suggests that the ngaugeforum website is responding but that for whatever reason it's not showing you the page.

It could be a corrupted cookie/cached site data (there's a chance you'd have a different cookie for different connection methods on the same device) so you should try and clear your old cookies and site data to see if that works. If you're using Firefox you can even delete data and cookies for just one site if you go into Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Manage Data (under the Cookies and Site Data section).

dannyboy

I did a forum search for 403 Error as I have had a problem in the past. One of the solutions was to start the forum link with
  https rather than http. There are quite a few posts regarding the error.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Tank

I was going to suggest the above.  Please let us know how you get on.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations