Bachmann Press Information - British Railway Announcements - Summer 2024

Started by Tank, May 01, 2024, 10:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennineWagons

My V2 is more of a whiner than a growler. And yes, the front pony truck can be troublesome, although I sorted mine out by taking the front coupling off. It's been fine ever since.
Meanwhile I take Roy's points about the model's limitations, particularly regarding DCC. But then, if you don't use DCC then that isn't an issue. And to be fair, Union Mills models had exactly the same shortcomings and people never seemed too bothered.
I don't suppose we will ever see a re-run of the old V2, let alone at any kind of bargain price. But I still reckon they'd sell...
PW

Roy L S

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 02, 2024, 12:10:43 PMThe 3 steamers crying out for re-tooling are the V2, Crab and 94xx and I'd take one of each for sure. I have the black V2 from the set but the front bogie seems to have a mind of its own and the motor growls a lot. In fact, I do ask visitors "Have you seen my Growler?" ;)

A retooled Crab is one loco I had hoped/expected to see, not least because the tooling already exists for the Fowler tender, more recently even with Next 18 and speaker upgrade. I recall that when the original Farish Crab came about back in 1992/3 it was because it was the most popular choice as voted on by NGS members and I feel pretty confident a model to current standards would be just as popular today. I know I would jump at a BR one should it ever become available (In fact still have my old Poole model bought when they were originally released and I was a whole lot younger  :hmmm: ).

gc4946

At last the class 350s/450s will be in the shops soon.
However it's been years since they were first announced and in the meantime Farish's originally assigned liveries are history, Transpennine Express no longer runs 350/4s and Southwest Trains no longer in existence.
It's possibly an advantage of having quarterly announcements, at least the specific versions/liveries listed have a guaranteed delivery window.
I'm not completely ruling out acquiring a unit because it appears they've not been upgraded with through electrically conductive couplings, only Rapidos, so would be easier to assemble and dissemble after running sessions.

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Bealman

I concur with @Roy L S above. A retooled Crab would be great. I too remember the original Poole model. I never acquired one, but a club member did, and it was greatly admired.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Hailstone

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 02, 2024, 12:10:43 PMThe 3 steamers crying out for re-tooling are the V2, Crab and 94xx and I'd take one of each for sure. I have the black V2 from the set but the front bogie seems to have a mind of its own and the motor growls a lot. In fact, I do ask visitors "Have you seen my Growler?" ;)
I agree Mick, any of these 3 would be great to have, and perhaps a new tooling of their King as nobody has has a proper go at it so far, as for the summer announcements there is nothing there for me

Regards,

alex

AdrianC

Quote from: njee20 on May 01, 2024, 08:44:43 PMIt does appear, from the outside at least, that some of their decisions are a little odd. They announced the TPE and SWT 350/450s about 6 years ago, and neither has yet been released, despite being just a re-livery (they tenuously call the 450 a new tooling because they need to fill the holes left by the pantograph, not the well, but the actual 1mm screw holes).

I don't know if it effects the 450, but certainly for the TPE 350/4s I think there's a retooling for a slightly different window arrangement in at least one of the coaches. Still doesn't really explain the huge price...
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

Shiney Sheff

I see Bachmann are going to release the MK1 Pullman brake coach again, only from the collectors club, but at least the price will diminish

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations