The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Hi Malc, I was talking to the skin doctor that removed the cancer on my hand last Thursday, he told me 1,800 people die in Oz from Melanoma's every year, he said most die because they don't have any symptoms and by the time it is diagnosed it is to late, sorry to hear about your friend.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

AndyGif

just lost 3 coupling springs to the great unknown trying to swap a hst power car out, though that is nothing compared to the last half dozen or so entries in this thread.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: AndyGif on November 18, 2012, 12:32:14 PM
just lost 3 coupling springs to the great unknown trying to swap a hst power car out, though that is nothing compared to the last half dozen or so entries in this thread.

See the couplings and superglue thread
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Sprintex

Quote from: EtchedPixels on November 18, 2012, 05:35:00 PM
Quote from: AndyGif on November 18, 2012, 12:32:14 PM

See the couplings and superglue thread

Yep, this one:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=6767.0  :thumbsup:

Paul

bigbear

Grah! An ebay buyer with feedback of 7, who buys a DVD from my auction last Sunday, finally pays on Friday afternoon and then emails me to ask where it is today.. Sunday... AND no way of leaving a comment about them on EBAY! Bah!

scotsoft

Quote from: bigbear on November 18, 2012, 10:39:57 PM
Grah! An ebay buyer with feedback of 7, who buys a DVD from my auction last Sunday, finally pays on Friday afternoon and then emails me to ask where it is today.. Sunday... AND no way of leaving a comment about them on EBAY! Bah!

I would send him a very polite message through eBay explaining why he has not received his DVD yet and giving him some idea when he should expect delivery.

I have had four occasions this year where I have had to open a case against sellers and have bent over backwards to be polite in all my messages to them.  I won all four cases and  think it helps eBay come to a decision if you have been seen to try and help politely through sending messages.

cheers John.

bigbear

Yep, that's what I've done... Through gritted teeth!

Matthew-peter

FUUUUUUUUUUU

My uncle is at it again, sniping, burping, farting and tapping. grrrrrrrr  :veryangry:

Im sorry must go get a cuppa.
OK who took my cake?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Matthew-peter on November 19, 2012, 08:06:35 PM

My uncle is at it again, sniping, burping, farting and tapping. grrrrrrrr  :veryangry:

It's what we oldies do, and it keeps us entertained. Learn to live with it :laugh3:

Matthew-peter

:laughabovepost: It just smells reaaaally bad  :'( haha
OK who took my cake?

Newportnobby

Better an empty house than a bad tenant :moony:
Move along :D

EtchedPixels

Grumble. Another 'disintegrates in the water' Fox decal set to go back. I wish Fox would fix this  but unfortunately I don't know of any other Coronation Scot loco decals.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

jonclox

:worried: :doh:
Oh heck! Mrs JC has got fed up with the railway room being used just for storage over the last few months that she has set about
" Tidying it up" and not waiting till my breathing etc is good enough to start "playing trains" again.
:'( I shudder to think what little gems of scrap material are vanishing into the scrap sack and going out for the binmen  :'( :'( :'(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

scotsoft

Quote from: jonclox on November 21, 2012, 11:11:22 AM
:'( I shudder to think what little gems of scrap material are vanishing into the scrap sack and going out for the binmen  :'( :'( :'(

Guaranteed to be the bits you know you did have and would be perfect for that next job you do  :help:

My deepest sympathies - John  ;)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: jonclox on November 21, 2012, 11:11:22 AM
:worried: :doh:
Oh heck! Mrs JC has got fed up with the railway room being used just for storage over the last few months that she has set about
" Tidying it up" and not waiting till my breathing etc is good enough to start "playing trains" again.

You can start a new collection.

I have a scrap box for interesting scrap and oddments. When its full I throw most of it away. That keeps it under a bit more control, and I usually find by then its got 20+ short lengths of saved bits of wire in it and enough clear plastic packaging to build a model of the Shard so most of it can go.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations