The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

call from my daughter this morning to say local Tesco finally had diesel in...

headed down there, queue not too bad and after about 10 minutes I was only four cars from getting onto the forecourt ....

so why is this not in the happy thread ?

then put out the sign

SORRY
NO DIESEL  :'(

guest311

"Good morning sir/madam. how much fuel do you have in your vehicle's tank ?"

"it's showing full, but I can squeeze a few litres in because I've done the 1 mile school run twice today, and then driven here to fill up"

"please get out of your vehicle and follow me"

cut to rear area of garage ..

bang - bang !

fuel shortage / panic buying sorted.

plus human gene pool improved.

win win  :smiley-laughing:

I'm only joking, I think  :hmmm: >:D

guest311

thought ...

if I hooked HB onto the front of the car, I wonder how many MPH [miles per husky] I'd get  :hmmm:

daffy

my thought...

I have a vision of HB's little feet vainly trying to grip the tarmac, smoke slowly rising therefrom, and steam coming out of his ears. :o

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

guest311

more likely him stopping at every lamp post to 'mark his territory, and emergency stops to graze on some tasty grass if it was anything like the daily trek round the fields :'(  :-[

The Q

On the way home from work,
Passed first Petrol Filling Station, short queue about 4 cars,
Passed Second  PFS, fuel on all pumps, no cars in it.
Passed third PFS short queue about 6 cars..

Why is this in the angry thread?

Yesterday morning I filled up the car at the 4th filling station... Half an hour in the queue of maybe 100 cars...

railsquid

Quote from: The Q on October 01, 2021, 07:34:48 AM
Half an hour in the queue of maybe 100 cars...

With a user name like that, what did you expect? :D

guest311

AMAZON / DRIVERS  :veryangry:

grandson #2 down with us this weekend, but his HD ????????? lead not working  for his PS ??????

so his mum ordered a replacement from Amazon, to be delivered to ours today  :thumbsup:

if only  :censored:

due at 3.pm

five o'clock and call from daughter to say Amazon driver on the phone, outside ours, no reply at door.

checked....
no Amazon driver or van, not heard any doorbell ......

so at 6 o'clock call from daughter ....
Amazon had just delivered to her address.....

luckily Acko22 was a bit more accurate with his locations, otherwise there would have been all hell to play.

but Amazon ....

:censored: :censored: :censored:

guest311

Quote from: Malc on September 30, 2021, 11:56:10 AM
There was two items that I spotted. One was a couple of guys pouring fuel into a black bin bag lining a drum. Second was a police report of a 3 hour queue at a closed garage. They were abused when they started directing traffic away and one guy said he must have fuel as he had been driving for 3 hours trying to get petrol. The copper asked him how much fuel had he used up in that 3 hours.

I refer you to my previous post re selective culling  :D

tunneroner61

@class37025 I find your perhaps in jest comments regarding the culling of human beings to be in bad taste, offensive and inappropriate to a model railway forum. Please self moderate in future.

guest311

Quote from: tunneroner61 on October 02, 2021, 09:42:22 PM
@class37025 I find your perhaps in jest comments regarding the culling of human beings to be in bad taste, offensive and inappropriate to a model railway forum. Please self moderate in future.
noted.

it's sometimes just difficult to understand how some of these cretins manage to survive.

tunneroner61

That may be so but you are best keeping those thoughts to your self.

lil chris

I passed a about three garages yesterday with small amounts of cars at the pumps, the third garage had put the petrol price up to 143.9 pl, there was no queue, I  wonder why, they must not be that desperate round here. What annoys me is the media still keep putting there is a shortage of fuel when basicaly there isn't, just to keep the story going.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

emjaybee

Our local filling station is open, no queues.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

there wouldn't be, @theQ filled up the other day  >:D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30