The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themadhippy

QuoteIn France to go out of your front door even to walk your dog you must download a form, print it and fill it in
hope theres an exemption for printer spares or you culd be in a catch22 situation,
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

daffy

I was parked in the viewing area car park just outside the fence around RAF Coningsby this afternoon, eating my lunch of Fish'n'Chips from the shop in the nearby village. A double yellow line marked both sides of the road, and signs indicated further the no waiting restriction on road or verge.

I've been there many times, on quiet days, on busy days, and even on Air Display days.

Nobody parks on the road or verge. The British public know how to obey that law in that locale.

Why? Because it is strongly enforced. They risk fines, clamping, being towed, fees. etc.

And that is what is lacking in the handling of this pandemic - enforcement of the restrictions and limitations imposed in a consistent and widespread manner, with fines, not warnings, with laws, not advices, and a heavy hand to show the British public that this is a serious matter.

Hit them where it hurts. In the pocket.

They probably fear that more than the virus, so use it against them.

And if that doesn't work, offer Green Shield Stamps or a free plastic whotsit to all who stick to the rules.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Graham

Quote from: daffy on October 30, 2020, 11:56:21 PM
And that is what is lacking in the handling of this pandemic - enforcement of the restrictions and limitations imposed in a consistent and widespread manner, with fines, not warnings, with laws, not advices, and a heavy hand to show the British public that this is a serious matter.

Hit them where it hurts. In the pocket.

They probably fear that more than the virus, so use it against them.

That seemed to work here in Victoria, mind you we had almost 15 weeks of total lockdown.

themadhippy

QuoteAnd that is what is lacking in the handling of this pandemic - enforcement of the restrictions and limitations imposed in a consistent and widespread manner
And here lies the problem,constancy.Nip into the shop to buy a paper without a mask  thats ok stan,drive half way across the country for an eye test,no problem dom,use public transport  to get to and from work with symptoms and awaiting a test result? go for it margret.The list could go on and on,meanwhile legally wait for a train  legally refuse to give your details to the police and maintain your right to silence in court  and we'll  drag you through the courts ,  fine you 660 quid and hope no one finds out

joe cassidy

You can write the equivalent of the form by hand, and there is also an electronic version for cell phones.

Newportnobby

Quote from: themadhippy on October 31, 2020, 12:57:04 AM
QuoteAnd that is what is lacking in the handling of this pandemic - enforcement of the restrictions and limitations imposed in a consistent and widespread manner
And here lies the problem,constancy.Nip into the shop to buy a paper without a mask  thats ok stan,drive half way across the country for an eye test,no problem dom,use public transport  to get to and from work with symptoms and awaiting a test result? go for it margret.The list could go on and on,meanwhile legally wait for a train  legally refuse to give your details to the police and maintain your right to silence in court  and we'll  drag you through the courts ,  fine you 660 quid and hope no one finds out

Using the feeble excuse of "they did it so I will" just puts you in the same group of ****wits and gets no one anywhere except further into the sediment. They did wrong, we all know they did wrong and they seem to have got away with it but let's keep politics out of this, difficult as it is.
More such posts will be removed

Yet_Another

Frankly, given that this is the angry thread, I'd like to express my displeasure at the continued harping on about so-called wrong-doers, and finger-pointing by those who clearly have their own agenda.

As has been demonstrated across the globe, the response to the pandemic is divisive and in many places is political.

If discussion of it is not banned entirely in this place, can it at least be confined to its own thread, somewhere that the rest of us don't have to look?
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

themadhippy

QuoteUsing the feeble excuse of "they did it so I will" just puts you in the same group of ****wits and gets no one anywhere except further into the sediment. They did wrong, we all know they did wrong and they seem to have got away with it but let's keep politics out of this, difficult as it is.
Nobby please go back and   read the very first line,to save you the bother here it is
QuoteAnd here lies the problem,constancy.
Until everyone,and i mean every single one is treated exactly the same in the eye  of the law there is no chance of the laws being followed,o if lord shitpot can meet his family for a "businesses lunch"in that posh restaurant  then that must mean i can meet my bird down the pub to discus the buisness were going to get up to later

Newportnobby

Checked my e mail this morning to find Dapol Digest sent a note overnight to say there had been a post in the West Country/BoB thread. Logged in and was there one? Yeah, from 6 days ago from someone wondering, like the rest of us, if anything was happening. Top marks to Digest for speed of notifications. Has anyone actually found this site to be useful in any shape or form?

port perran

I don't do angry so it's more annoyed frustration on my part.

However, I'd like to thank the kind soul who drilled such a neat hole in my car petrol tank overnight in order to steal £25 worth of fuel (much of which they managed to spill all over the road).
I'm now left with a hefty repair bill and a lot of inconvenience sorting things out.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr  >:(

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

That's appalling, Martin. Is it a one off occurrence or have others been similarly done over?

port perran

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 04, 2020, 03:20:14 PM
That's appalling, Martin. Is it a one off occurrence or have others been similarly done over?
I've been asking around the village and so far, no one else seems to have been affected.
The police , likewise, have had no other reports it seems.

dannyboy

That is a strange one. Seems to be a lot of trouble to steal some petrol. As most of it was "all over the road", I would be asking who you have fallen out with lately.  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

themadhippy

Quotea neat hole in my car petrol tank
is it a definite drill hole not say a hole for a sensor or vent bung that's dropped out

port perran

Quote from: themadhippy on November 04, 2020, 03:43:31 PM
Quotea neat hole in my car petrol tank
is it a definite drill hole not say a hole for a sensor or vent bung that's dropped out
Well, I've had it looked at by Peugeot main dealer and there is no legitimate sensor or vent hole anywhere near where the hole is.
It is a strange one but the police say it's something that's happening from time to time.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations