The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Quote from: newportnobby on March 18, 2015, 04:08:29 PM
Not sure I understand you, Bob, as once you've read a post it disappears off the list of unread posts anyway :confused2:
Well ... not necessarily ...

I am on two Fora using this software - here & elsewhere.  Here we're on v2.09, the other is also on v2.09.  On the same PC, I get "unread posts" disappearing off the "unread posts" list - but not here  ???

Very strange behaviour ...  I also can't double-click a word & get it highlighted - but I can on the other one ...  ???

So all sessions for all people are not necessarily equal !!!

Mike

PS - if anyone can suggest a fix for the above - yes please !

Dorsetmike

I took a short questionaire form  for a tenancy agreement into the local medical centre on Monday asking for it to be dealt with urgently so that I can get the keys and start moving items in and getting some appliances delivered.

Went in today to find out why it hadn't reached the letting agency, ---- still in the docs in tray!! It'll take the letting agency another week to do the rest of the procedures, take my money and get everything signed before I can get the keys; I have to be out of here on April 2nd, I had hoped to have 2 weekends to get help from mates to move stuff, now I'll be lucky to get one!

Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

There seems to be a theme running about docs/GP's performance :hmmm: >:(
Makes you wonder exactly what they do :unimpressed:

Blillpers

So, I have a package full of N-gauge stuff on order. Today, I came home to a note saying the delivery man couldn't deliver because I wasn't at home at the time - far enough. At the post office, however, I was told my package had been shipped back to the sorting center about 200 miles away, only to be shipped back tomorrow. I have no idea who came up with this "brilliant" idea, and he should hope he won't meet me any time soon  :veryangry:
A Swede building a British model railway - please excuse any grammar mistakes as english isn't my native language!

guest311

Quote from: newportnobby on March 19, 2015, 08:52:36 PM
There seems to be a theme running about docs/GP's performance :hmmm: >:(
Makes you wonder exactly what they do :unimpressed:

not much in my recent experience.

my six and a half year old grandson was taken to the out of hours doctor at the local hospital on the Saturday evening when he had been ill for a week, complaining of severe stomach ache. he had been to his GP on the Wednesday and had been diagnosed with gastro-enteritis.

OOH doctor said it was gastro, took urine, stool and blood samples and told my daughter to phone her GP on the Monday for the results.

on the sunday afternoon he was in agony, and she phone the local children's hospital, the Alex in Brighton, and was told to take him down straight away.

he was examined and admitted with suspected appendicitis, and the appendix burst about 0300 on the Monday.

he was in theatre that afternoon for nearly four and a half hours, and is still in hospital nearly three weeks later, and after two more ops. looking like at least another three weeks in hospital.

as you can guess, e-mail complaint to the CEO of the local health trust, which was replied to within two hours although my e-mail was not sent till around 18.30hrs. now awaiting further response after his investigation.

needless to say, if I come across the OOH doctor, they are likely to need one themselves.

Agrippa

Hopefully that is not a typical case though nowadays though I'm not sure.
Many years ago I was about 13 and my older cousin who was about
16 had started work. She was sick every day and went to the gp
who told her that " you young girls spend all your money on
hot dogs, cola and chewing gum ". Two days later she collapsed
at work with a burst appendix which became peritonitis and died
2-3 days later. That doctor should have been booted out as unfit
to treat a dog, but in those days doctors were regarded as
establishment figures.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

guest311

Quote from: Agrippa on March 20, 2015, 12:01:57 AM
That doctor should have been booted out as unfit
to treat a dog,

actually, my local vet is ace.

perhaps my daughter should have taken him there  :no:

you can get an appointment .......

you usually get seen on time ......

the receptionist is helpful ........

and you usually see the same vet ........

nothing like the doctors  :censored:

Rabs

Yep.
I broke my shoulder a few weeks ago (no need for sympathy, it was my own stupid fault) and in A&E I was told that I needed an emergency scan within a week to determine if I needed surgery before the healing process caused the bits of bone to re-attach in the wrong places.
After 2 weeks I phoned to ask what was going on.  After six attempts of the phone ringing and ringing for several minutes someone did eventually answer.  The conversation was, almost word for word:

"Hello, I'm .. etc.  I'm just calling to find out..." (Politely phrased questions, I'm not the sort to come on all 'entitled')
"Yes, you have an appointment"
[Pause]
"Ok, thank you.  When is it?
"[Deep sigh] 9:15"
[Pause]
"Do you mean tomorrow?"
"[Snort of laughter] No, the 19th" (2 weeks later)
[Pause]
"... Ok, and where is it"
"Clinic 1"
"And where is that?" (Starting to get a little annoyed by this point)
"At the hospital"

At which point I had to bite back the first five responses that came to mind.

On going to this appointment I arrived to see a large sign saying that there had recently been a series of 'verbal abuse incidents' and a large statement that these would 'not be tolerated'.  Based on my experience above I can't for the life of me imagine why people might want to scream at the rude, incompetent moron behind the desk of that particular clinic and I'm sure that all of those incidents were completely unjustified and entirely the patients' fault. 

I also find out that the appointment isn't a scan, just an appointment to see a consultant.  Who took a five second look at the the A&E x-rays and said that I needed a scan.  As politely as I could I pointed out that I already knew that, because that's what they said in A&E two weeks earlier. It turns out that this appointment was a complete waste of his time and mine, he didn't even examine me and it could all have been done over the phone.  Better yet, the scan could have been ordered when I came into A&E.

A week later I receive a letter to say that my scan is booked for 6 weeks time (9 weeks after the accident).  By that time the bones will have fused and there's virtually no point in doing it because there won't be anything that they can do.

Compared to the vets, who would  in not more than three days would do the emergency work, have the consultation, refer you to the expert, have the scan, decide on a surgical plan and perform the operation if necessary.  All for a fraction of what the taxpayer is having to pay for the 'treatment' I'm getting.

Malc

I had a similar problem when I damaged my Achilles tendon in my ankle. I waited 2 months to see if it got better, then I went to the doc. He said I needed some ultrasound treatment and he would make an appointment. It came through for 4 months time, and it was only to see a consultant. About 2 weeks before my appointment, I was better, so cancelled it. The secretary I spoke to said that they had a lot of cancellations, due to people getting better. I said I wondered why.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

My Mum damaged her Achilles tendon and our doctor, an Egyptian, wouldn't touch her feet so she had to go to the hospital for treatment :veryangry:

Bob Tidbury

While on the subject of hospitals I have to have an Endoscopy every two years to check for stomach cancer I'm a complete coward and have to be sedated as I cannot swallow the camera as such I'm not allowed to drive home and have to have someone to take me home,this time Instead of having it at my local hospital in High Wycombe Ive got to go to Milton Keynes which is about 30 to 40 miles away  so I rang the hospital in Milton Keynes to ask how I was supposed to get there and then back home after the sedation and was told that's not thier problem they can't pick me up or take me home .The upshot is I won't get the Endosopy done so will have to take my chances and if I get cancer I'll die a bit quicker than normal ,it's stupid when the Endoscopy unit is still at Wycombe and my next door neighbour had his only last week at Wycombe we have the largest population in Buckinghamshire but we have to go about  20 miles for A&E and women also have to go to the same hospital to have a baby To be fair Stoke Mandevile is a much newer hospital than Wycombe but imagine if there is a complicated birth and the woman and baby die on the way and it's not exactly a very good road between Wycombe and Stoke Mandevile.
Anyway Rant over and it won't get any better so I'll stop before I blow my top.
Bob

thebrighton

Greetings,
Ah yes, hospitals improving the service by making you travel further. Last year I needed a hernia operation so after diagnosis by the doctor I had to have an appointment at the hospital for the consultant to confirm I needed an operation. Fair enough and I was seen on time and it only took a couple of minutes. You then have to go in for a pre-op or paper filling exercise which again only took 15 minutes or so then finally the operation. All very convenient as I can see the hospital from my house and even when out being a postie it is only a 10 minute drive away.
So you may be asking what was the problem? None, but courtesy of my employers complete inability to follow a doctors certificate 6 months later I need to have the operation again! I know the routine so I've been waiting for the first appointment for the 2 minutes for the consultant to confirm diagnosis. The appointment duly arrived but now outpatient appointments are in Bexhill, 11 miles away, so rather than quickly popping in I end up having to take a day off work. The pre-op appointment was in Hastings 16 miles away (another day off) as will be the operation next week. I won't be able to drive afterwards so the wife will have to take a day off work to drop me off at 8am then go home and wait for the call to come back and get me.
All the equipment is sitting there in Eastbourne to carry out the operation but it is more efficient to carry it out 16 miles away and let the dust collect at home.
Not something I have to worry about but now if you are having a baby you are best going to Hastings. There are midwifes in Eastbourne but they can only cope with routine births. Any sign of trouble and you are whisked away to Hastings.
You may be thinking 'it's only 16 miles' but Hastings hospital is a good 3-4 miles from a station and from here takes 45 minutes by car if you are lucky.
There were numerous campaigns to save the services at Eastbourne's hospital all of which were won! They then snuck the changes in through the back door citing staff shortages etc.
Gareth

DELETED

Votes for school kids really winds me up and is in the news constantly.  Sorry I'm not a believer, in 16/17 getting the vote, neither is anyone else I now yet it still seems to be promoted :o

Bob Tidbury

Seems like the Hospital problem is every where judging by  the brightons post and other posts on the forum.
Why can't they go back to the old system where a Matron was in charge of her hospital and new what was the best way to run it and what was best for the people in the area ,instead of all the pen pushers and paper rustlers that think they are so important. One hospital in the south was reported to have gone back to that system and they saved over One Million pounds in a year by buying thier own equipment a thing called a stent ended up costing only £68 from the same supplier against over £100 through the NH Trust  not a lot on its own but a saving like that soon adds up. Apparently the surgeon himself contacted the supplier and purchased them direct ,Imagine the saving all over the country.
It is the same in Industry it all boils down to the old saying Too many chiefs and not enough Indians . Please don't start a race thread on here you know what I mean.
Bob

lil chris

I suppose I am lucky the hospital where I am going on Tuesday for a opp is 20mins drive or 2 buses, away in Bury . They have cut the maternity ward's at Bury so If I had been pregnant I would have had to go to Rochdale ,at least 40 mins by car and probably 3 buses. . It seems to be the same everywhere cuts to services and no help to anybody who wants to visit you in hospital, and I am not going into parking fee's at hospitals that will make me angry. Lucky for me my son is going to drop me off at the hospital, I will probably get a taxi home.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations