The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark100

Quote from: longbridge on December 05, 2014, 07:45:42 PM
Just noticed there is 3379 replies to the Angry Thread  :veryangry: and 1933 replies to the Happy Thread  :claphappy: conclusion is there must be a whole lot more angry people out there than happy ones  :D
And What's with getting Angry in the first place? it doesn't resolve anything, Its best to have a more laid back approach and trying to sort things out amicably and if that doesn't work, the Steel Toe Caps then come out the cupboard.  >:D  :help:

Mark

You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Tdm

Just noticed there is 3379 replies to the Angry Thread  :veryangry: and 1933 replies to the Happy Thread  :claphappy: conclusion is there must be a whole lot more angry people out there than happy ones :D

Not necessarily so.

When people are angry they tend to make a song and dance about it and want others to know why, whereas when people are happy they tend to quietly enjoy the moment(s) and keep it to themselves.

One example of this is that at our Annual AGM very few people turn up if things are going really well, but if there are problems and charges have to go up, you get a much greater attendance with everyone wanting to voice their concerns.

Skyline2uk

QuoteWorse time of the day for that to happen your mind is never in the right place when you need to get somewhere fast.

Yep, I know that to be true. I turned up to work earlier this week with work shoe on right foot and trainer on left.  :-[

It's ok though, I only work in a big engineering office full of understanding folk who would forget about it in a week or so :-[ :-[ :-[

QuoteIce is that strange stuff that magically disappears when you get in your 13 year old car and switch on the Heated Front Windscreen 8)

Funny but the 24 year old car in the garage has one too - don't all cars have them then? ;D

Not all cars sir, just those belonging to the enlightened "blue oval owners" such as us  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

longbridge

Quote from: MikeDunn on December 05, 2014, 07:55:22 PM
You sound very happy about that ... ... you sure you're in the right thread ?  :veryangry:

Na Mike I am just Angry that I don't have anything to be Angry about  :veryangry:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Quote from: Tdm on December 05, 2014, 08:59:40 PM
Just noticed there is 3379 replies to the Angry Thread  :veryangry: and 1933 replies to the Happy Thread  :claphappy: conclusion is there must be a whole lot more angry people out there than happy ones :D

Not necessarily so.

When people are angry they tend to make a song and dance about it and want others to know why, whereas when people are happy they tend to quietly enjoy the moment(s) and keep it to themselves.

One example of this is that at our Annual AGM very few people turn up if things are going really well, but if there are problems and charges have to go up, you get a much greater attendance with everyone wanting to voice their concerns.

OK conclusion has been adjusted to "People find replying to Angry people is more fun than replying to Happy people"  :claphappy:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Tank

I'm not hugely angry, mainly upset, as the Class 86 I've had for a few years stopped working yesterday.  :(  It's only the third time that it's been on my track, and managed about 6 circuits before it stopped dead and started beeping!  Everything else stopped as well (I'm using DCC).  I disconnected the body and lights, still beeped, tried a different chip, same thing, made sure the bogies were OK.....  I give up for now. :thumbsdown:

Michael Shillabeer

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 05, 2014, 09:01:51 PM
Not all cars sir, just those belonging to the enlightened "blue oval owners" such as us  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk
The heated windscreen is the only thing I miss from my Mondeo...

Incidentally, Bosch windscreen wipers were cheaper than Halford's own brand.

Best regards
Michael

jonclox

Quote from: Michael Shillabeer on December 05, 2014, 08:10:13 AM

Got to work and it dawned on me, I could have borrowed the piece of plastic from the rear wiper!

Grrr
Michael
Simples....... you should have reversed to work  used the rear wiper to see with  ::) :(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Kipper

Putting this in angry thread, as we do not have a sad thread. My almost 13 year old spaniel had a heart attack last night, and had to be put to sleep by the emergency vet. Very sad, as she was a full part of the family, and shared her birthday with my mother (both were 90 on Friday, mother in human years, pooch in dog years). Keep looking for her round the house, and when I went to get a newspaper, everyone was asking where she was.

scotsoft

It is awful when a friend goes like that, I think you will find many on here have suffered in the same way.
I realise it may well be too soon but getting another friend a soon as you feel you can does help enormously and you could give a rescue dog a very special Christmas.

John.

red_death

Quote from: Kipper on December 08, 2014, 11:16:43 AM
Putting this in angry thread, as we do not have a sad thread. My almost 13 year old spaniel had a heart attack last night, and had to be put to sleep by the emergency vet.

Very sorry to hear that Kipper - I lost one of my cats yesterday morning (after a very sudden illness).  She was only 7 and I was looking forward to many more years with her.

I'm absolutely gutted.

Cheers, Mike

Newportnobby

So sorry, Kipper :(
Last year I took in a rescue cat but after just 2 weeks he had a heart attack and I had to have him put to sleep. It's very traumatic when such things occur.

Papyrus

Quote from: scotsoft on December 08, 2014, 11:20:27 AM
It is awful when a friend goes like that, I think you will find many on here have suffered in the same way.
I realise it may well be too soon but getting another friend a soon as you feel you can does help enormously and you could give a rescue dog a very special Christmas.

John.
I have every sympathy with you, my friend. Scotsoft is right - getting another one soon does help. When our old dog died we weren't sure what to do, but 3 weeks later we were asked if we could take an urgent re-home and we've never regretted it. I would wait till after Christmas though. The rescue centres will be full of delightful pups given as Christmas presents by thoughtless idiots who get rid of them the first time they pee on the carpet.

Best wishes,

Chris

PS. Mods - is there any reason we can't have a 'Sad Thread' for people who could do with a bit of long-distance TLC? Just a thought...

Agrippa

Very sad to lose an elderly pet, I hope she didn't suffer too much. I'm a dog lover
though not an owner and look after my brother's old rescue dog every now and then.
Dogs can be amazing with their personalities, antics and their ability to almost
read your mind. Perhaps in the not too distant future you'll get a new companion
to join the family.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bob Tidbury

:sorrysign: To hear your sad news Kipper we had to put my best friend Buster to sleep as at only 8 years old he got the dog equivalent to Dementure I can't remember the real name ,and he started to bite everyone and he couldn't walk very far he fell down the stairs twice .The vet said it was hereditary and it would only get worse NO cure so no choice as my grandson comes over to see us and he's only 4 so Buster could have bitten him very badly.
I miss him a lot but my wife and daughter came home last Saturday with a gorgeous little puppy they called her Mitzy while I still miss Buster Mitzy is keeping me busy as she isn't house trained yet.I hope you get another friend soon and although you won't forget your old friend you will soon make a new one I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL all the best .
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations