What livery’s of hst have been done in n gauge ?

Started by Spanners70, December 03, 2019, 09:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanners70

Tried a search with no luck. Anyone know if there's a list of what liveries have been done in n gauge for class 43 hst ? Thanks.

crewearpley40

Virgin  swallow intetcity, executive and blue grey plus fgw fagpacket

Adam1701D

Farish have done Blue/Grey, Executive, Swallow, Great Western Trains, GNER (Two releases), Midland Mainline (two versions), First Great Western Barbie, Virgin Trains

Dapol: Blue/Grey, Executive, Swallow, GNER, East Midlands Trains, First Great Western Dynamic Lines, Virgin Trains, Virgin Trains East Coast, Grand Central

Think that's all of them.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

crewearpley40

Pardon if i misunderstood  the point . Adam has nailed it.  Dont forget ec silver, ecml, gwr green And the pack 4 in a set
May need to search onlline

njee20

To add to Adam's list:

Farish and Dapol have both done Cross Country.

Farish did Virgin XC as well as west coast. They also did Great Western Merlin (not Fag Packet).

Dapol have also done GWR green, NX East Coast and the Network Rail NMT power Cars.

RailGooner

njee20

Haha! If you want to be really pedantic neither company have done:

- GW fag packet
- the FGW dynamic lines power cars (only the later plain blue version with the dynamic lines coaches)
- Scotrail
- East Coast (grey with the purple lettering)

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang,

Virgin XC not done, nor East Coast Grey with purple stripe. GWR Fag Packet and Barbie Blue flash not done either. Initial FGW dynamic lines on power cars not done (arguably only a trial).
ScotRail interim and ScotRail 7 cities not yet done. EMR on both East Midlands and LNER base liveries only just surfaced too...so too soon obviously.
Network rail with more recent decals still to come too.
East Midlands revised on buffered power cars not done.

So still plenty out there to be done.

Later..
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

crewearpley40

Ok thought the east coast version came in a book set. Only in oo gauge nick right

RailGooner

:hmmm: If Dapol released a bookset of power cars covering every livery, would you buy it? I think I might. :worried:

njee20

Quote from: crewearpley40 on December 03, 2019, 10:52:24 PM
Ok thought the east coast version came in a book set. Only in oo gauge nick right

Dapol did the earlier NXEC livery; pale grey with the white diagonal bands, but not the later "East Coast", which was more plain.

Quote from: RailGooner on December 03, 2019, 11:08:32 PM
:hmmm: If Dapol released a bookset of power cars covering every livery, would you buy it? I think I might. :worried:

That would be pretty cool. I always really liked GW Merlin livery, I'd have one of those!

crewearpley40

Anybody interested railadvent and uk railtours will be running the hst farewell tour
Details to be posted here. 18 to 21st december. Ediburgh to aberdeen, inveness. Return via dalwhinnie  perth, stirling  edinburgh. Day 3 ; edinburgh, newcastle, leeds. Last day leeds,  doncaster, london. A set will be painted in the original blue / hrey 1978 livery. Www.ukrailtours.com/lner-hst-farewell-railtour. Railadvent.co.uk

Adam1701D

The HST situation on East Coast was a bit confused. The sets received a major refurbishment under National Express, so just received EC branding over the NX livery.

The paint job on the power cars tended to weather very quickly and all of these ended up in East Coast Grey with the purple stripe but the coaches were unchanged.

One set, EC64, received the full grey livery and looked most smart but the rest were revinyled by Virgin when they took over.

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

crewearpley40

link to hst :

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2019/12/lner-confirms-last-hst-services-ahead-of-retirement.html

LNER confirms last HST services ahead of retirement

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2019/12/lner-hst-farewell-railtour-tickets-avaliable.html

The four-day itinerary, from the 18th of December to the 21st of December, takes the HST from Edinburgh to Inverness on day one, from Inverness to Edinburgh on day two, from Edinburgh to Leeds via York on day three, then finally from Leeds to London Kings Cross on the fourth and final day.

https://www.ukrailtours.com/product/the-lner-hst-farewell/

Spanners70

thanks all. looks like ive a few more to try an get my hands on then !

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations