Who would like a Hornby-Arnold Class 92?

Started by JeremiahJBunyan, March 06, 2015, 04:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr bachmann

with the new Hitachi plant opening at Newton Aycliffe , that's what they should focus on .....

bluedepot

or the new thameslink or crossrail trains...

but agree the hitachi class 800/801 would be a bigger seller as children are more likely to want it in a set than thameslink / crossrail new stock, or a class 81, 92 etc. etc...

maybe Hornby/Arnold will make a pendolino in n gauge just to throw a spanner in the works...

tim

jivebunny

Barring any major foul-ups, in five to ten years' time the 800 and 801 classes will probably be as commonplace as the 125s and 225s were in the early 90s (though these will no doubt still be around to ensure the railway retains some proper traction perform lesser duties).

Hornby not having these in their line-up when they become established as Britain's new flagship trains would seem to me just as odd as their 1991 catalogue not having this beastie on the front of it (which incidentally is the subject of a similar thread!)

JB

acko22

Quote from: bluedepot on March 11, 2015, 07:44:48 PM
or the new thameslink or crossrail trains...

but agree the hitachi class 800/801 would be a bigger seller as children are more likely to want it in a set than thameslink / crossrail new stock, or a class 81, 92 etc. etc...

maybe Hornby/Arnold will make a pendolino in n gauge just to throw a spanner in the works...

tim

I think with the Pendolino already been made albeit in an initial limited number they will keep clear of it as there is already a model out there. However if they wanted to do something like a Javelin or a class 180 then that would be a good one for me although a 92 is higher up the wanted list for me!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Ben A

Hello Tim,

If Hornby/Arnold were thinking of a Pendolino they've already lost nearly 800 orders that have already been placed - and paid for (some 100%, some 50%) - for the Rapido/Revolution version that's coming.

And then they'd have to release it undecorated, or risk the possibility of incurring Virgin's wrath as they won't have permission to use the livery in N.  Nor would they be able to release a version in Poppy livery, without permission of the Royal British Legion, which I know from experience is not easy to secure!

But apart from that, yes, Hornby Arnold could, I suppose, release a Pendolino!

cheers

Ben A.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations