Who would like a Hornby-Arnold Class 92?

Started by JeremiahJBunyan, March 06, 2015, 04:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DELETED

Hi JB,

Cool -as long as you explored the options as N gauge isn't that well supported in general IMO.  Afraid I'm out buddy, I'd much rather push to have a few re-runs of previous stock so far and existing manufacturers commit to meeting upcoming deliverables which always intolerably slip but appreciate the need for new stuff also.  The other guys may have their own wants for Hornby / Arnold I think.  All the best with it.

Rich

njee20

I take your point Rich, but the basis for this is that Hornby are inviting opinion on new models. So reruns of other brand's models are out of the question.

Hi J, well done for your enthusiasm, can you please stop writing in bold though!

acko22

Dont know what anyone else thinks but in teal I think it looks rather smart!!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

JeremiahJBunyan

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on March 08, 2015, 07:06:20 PM
In new Caledonian Sleeper "Midnight Teal" perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzTYyDQLpak

That is indeed the livery I am after. EPS, RfD, EWS, Triple Grey and Caledonian are the liveries that most people want in the poll. GBRf and DB Schenker weren't too popular.

Cheers!
Jeff.

JeremiahJBunyan

Quote from: acko22 on March 09, 2015, 12:17:27 AM
Dont know what anyone else thinks but in teal I think it looks rather smart!!

I personally think it'e the best livery the Class 92 ever wore apart from EPS, RfD and Triple Grey.

Cheers!
J.

PS: What is the EPS livery? Is it the same as RfD and Triple grey?

Vonzack

I'd really welcome a 92, but it would have to be in modern liveries for me, in order of preference:

1) DB Schenker
2) Triple Grey with EWS Beastie Logos
3) GBRf
4) EWS

Cheers, Mark.

red_death

Railfreight Distribution and the EPS livery (as well as the EWS vinyled TTG 92s) were essentially just slightly different brandings on the TTG livery.

All the 92s were delivered in TTG. Some had SNCF, RfD or EPS branding.

You'd be mad not to do DBS or GBRf liveries as things get re-painted and brought into use!

Cheers, Mike

JeremiahJBunyan

Hi Vonzack and Red-Death,

I fully agree with you'll. I'd prefer modern too. For sometime on RMweb the older liveries had more votes. I will check back today. Now obviously if the model is made by a manufacturer then all the liveries will appear over a span of a few years.

I'm sure EPS, EWS and DBS and the ones that will sell most. But we can probably have a poll for that later.

Cheers,
J.

PS: As always, do spread the word, it'll be nice if people can vote here and on RMweb too. Thanks!

JeremiahJBunyan

Hey

At 12AM IST when I checked up RMweb the liveries that topped the poll were as follows:-
- RfD (37)
- EWS (28)
- GBRf (23)

- DB Schenker (20)
- EPS (19)

Jeff.

steve836

not interested in a 92. Far too modern for me. Now a "fell" or the LM twins that would float my boat.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

bluedepot

whilst I like the class 92 I wouldn't buy one as I don't have an electrified layout

if they wanted to make an ac electric loco, then how about the class 81?  maybe an earlier electric would have more appeal?  or an early ac emu even?

tim

Ditape

Not for me but how about going totally original and having a model of the new stock for the London = Bristol electrification what ever the designation is going to be.
[smg id=22638 type=preview align=center caption="new loco"]
Diane Tape

Roy L S

I wouldn't buy one, it isn't my ere or sufficiently attractive a a "Rule 1* model.

I would prefer the next Hornby N model to be a steam prototype, personally.

That said I can see a logic for the model alongside a re-tooled 00 version and I would think will sell reasonably well. After all any further N models from Hornby have to be a positive step especially given the relative slow down by the other key players.

Roy

jivebunny

Quote from: Ditape on March 10, 2015, 08:07:01 PM
Not for me but how about going totally original and having a model of the new stock for the London = Bristol electrification what ever the designation is going to be.

I'd be very surprised if the Class 800 isn't already in Hornby's plans, at least in 00, although in the flesh it looks rather different to the early drawings such as the one you've posted.

JB

railsquid

Quote from: jivebunny on March 10, 2015, 09:02:44 PM
Quote from: Ditape on March 10, 2015, 08:07:01 PM

I'd be very surprised if the Class 800 isn't already in Hornby's plans, at least in 00, although in the flesh it looks rather different to the early drawings such as the one you've posted.

JB

With that droopy yellow nose it looks like a womble  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations