Who would like a Hornby-Arnold Class 92?

Started by JeremiahJBunyan, March 06, 2015, 04:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeremiahJBunyan

:ngauge:

Hey,

A few of us (my mates and I) were thinking about the possibilities of seeing a brand new N gauge Class 92 from Hornby-Arnold. We started a poll on RMweb that includes both the polls for the N gauge and OO gauge model. I would love to reach out to as many people as possible even in the N gauge world too gauge the interest in the Class 92 in N scale.

I'd really be happy if the modern image N gauge modelers here who'd love a Class 92 can fill in the poll and spread the word.

Use the link below to take the poll. (You need an RMweb account to do so).

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/96681-poll-for-a-re-tooled-hornby-class-92-andor-a-new-hornbyarnold-class-92/?p=1803466

Please spread the word. If the poll is successful, we plan on showing the results to Hornby-Arnold and see if the have some interest. If not we can always approach the likes of DJM, Rapido or Revolution Trains.

Cheers!
JB.
(Class92FAN)

:ngauge:

red_death

Jeff

I completed the poll on RMweb, but to vote on an N gauge 92 requires you to answer all the other questions about upgrading Hornby's 4mm model which may put people off responding.

Cheers, Mike

ScottyStitch

Agree with Mike. By filling in the bits about OO, it would give the impression that I'm interested in that gauge, which I'm not.......that would perhaps inflate your OO figures, which could lead to a disparity in future. If you can fix the poll, I'll vote for an N-Gauge one....

Brooksy

I'm interested in a Class 92 or two. Don't really want to have to sign up to another site to vote though. Can't you do a poll on this thread too? I think you'll get more responses.

jivebunny

I think the first question is the most valid.

Hornby's 92 and the Eurostar they released the previous year were both pretty poor models by 1996/1997 standards, never mind current standards. At the very least they need to crack out the tooling for the old Lima 92, which is probably in good nick since it was a limited edition.

Now where's my shrink-ray gun?

JB

njee20

I'd love a 92, seriously considering co CJM one. Agree with others though, that survey is too biased toward OO to give an accurate result.

JeremiahJBunyan

Hi,

Sorry about that, my first time conducting a poll, it was originally meant for an OO gauge version. The N scale one is actually a later add-on. I will try modifying the poll accordingly.

Cheers!
J.

JeremiahJBunyan

Hi,

Since the poll cannot be modified fully I've done my best to make slight changes to the current poll so that you can atleast choose options for the N gauge one. Options that are meant for OO only have been clearly marked. Please do accept my sincere apologies. It's my first time conducting a poll that was originally meant for a OO gauge version. Please don't let that slight defect deter you. In the features option you can choose the stuff you like for your N gauge version.

You have a list of liveries to choose from too. I've modified it as best as I can think of. Please do pass on more suggestions if needed. Atleast if you show your interest then we can have a proper online poll and show Hornby.

I am still new to this forum and hence will take time learning the format. I will introduce a poll soon.

Cheers
J.

JeremiahJBunyan

Hi,

Poll added. It's very basic. Just a yes or no. Lets gauge some interest in N gauge shall we? I have no really gone on to add any features in the poll because Arnold has a standard set of features for the releases now. However some features that would be well suited are listed below

- 6-pin DCC ready or DCC fitted
- Highly detailed body shell and chassis with etched metal details (grilles and Channel Tunnel logos)
- NEM couplings
- Extra details
- RP25 profile wheels
- Die-cast metal chassis with a centrally monted motor and twin fly-wheels.
- Sprung loaded plastic Brecknell-Willis HS pantographs
- Cab detail
- Working head and tail lights

Cheers
J.

PS: Any other features can be listed by you'll.

DELETED

I have to say fair play for you for posting up, nothing ventured, nothing gained.  I like the class 92, but only on pics -never actually seen one so means very little to me.

...Personally I'd rather lobby for re-runs of existing stock, or reliveries, which everyone seems crying out for to some extent. OR lobbying for out of stock items way past their best.    Appreciate we must always invest in new things, but not sure what to suggest, Dapol and GF seem to slip so bad on delivery dates as-is. .  I don't normally comment on posts such as this, but such is my feelings.  Just being honest :thumbsup:

JeremiahJBunyan

QuoteI have to say fair play for you for posting up, nothing ventured, nothing gained.  I like the class 92, but only on pics -never actually seen one so means very little to me.

...Personally I'd rather lobby for re-runs of existing stock, or reliveries, which everyone seems crying out for to some extent. OR lobbying for out of stock items way past their best.    Appreciate we must always invest in new things, but not sure what to suggest, Dapol and GF seem to slip so bad on delivery dates as-is. .  I don't normally comment on posts such as this, but such is my feelings.  Just being honest :thumbsup:

Hi,

I myself have never seen a Class 92 in flesh ever since my grandfather and father migrated from the UK. But the Class 92 remains my favorite AC Electric loco from The UK. The current OO scale offering isn't at all upto standards and needs to be scrapped. There is only one current N gauge offering from CJM which not everyone can afford.

Cheers!
J.

DELETED

JeremiahJBunyan

Hi,

I have seen that. A great amount of effort has gone into that, absolutely love it. Though I must admit we are looking into getting manufacturer to make a full fledged RTR one.

I wouldn't mind buying a kit. The problem is the number of other parts that need to be bought and the work after that. As of now I have limited time. Most of my time goes into designing some HO scale models.

Cheers!
J

DELETED

OK, have you checked the kickstarter / crowdfunding thread also?  Allot of guys (and gals) put allot of effort into getting a Pendolino and raising funds for manufacture and there may be a channel to get a new niche product manufactured these days through the guys in the know.

JeremiahJBunyan

Hi RST,

Yes I have, but I am taking a slightly different approach to this. A crowd-funding project is also good but again if you don't reach the target then nothing is done.

What I propose to do is look out and see if there are atleast a good number of people who want one. If it qualifies and if Hornby or Arnold are willing to do it then all is well.

If not I plan on contacting Revolution Trains and ask for their assistance in a Class 92 in either N gauge or OO gauge.As you may know, it's Revolution Trains who are behind the N gauge Pendolino. They may either get DJM or Rapido to produce their products. So if Hornby don't do so, then we will surely contact Revolution Trains for a crowd funding project.

Cheers
J.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations